just a nice stroll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

few years back the company im employed to. had a survey expodision to deep water cay, bahamas, this lil bone fish resort ona very small island near know where. there was no fresh water no
cold budweiser(only kalik) no ac or tv, let me tell you it was like gilligans island, actully it was very nice to be on an island not destroyed by metropolis, we would work in the field traversing control all day and establishing a baseline around the lil island for future developments, well a couple weeks went bye and the locals from a distand island would come ashore and aid us in our work, bringing water food and KALIK beer, did i say kalik beer?( they would give us a case of this beer for a dozen advil, they didnt have the that sort of thing on their island, these where the nicest folks ive ever met. any how the lil dock behind our lil cabin of (3 ) on the entire island was a dock off in to deep water for boats to land, we would fish every night and and hook up on some of the biggest shark ive ever seen, half that we would hook would swim to guam and brake the line but we got a few in and of course the locals said what we catch and dont eat they would keep and feed their families wich work real nice, we caught grouper, mutton snapper, trigger, (sargent's) stole our bait, but one night ( imagine a light under the dock wich eluminated all the 20' water around for say 50' out past the dock then, all the sudden the water got dark with a school of hundreds of hammer heads they hung around all night, ive never seen any thing like that in my life, hundresdes of them, seeing a shark on tv is ok but seeing a 6 or 7 foot shark in person only feet away is the biggest thrill

oops got off track. do all hammer heads travel in schools? and are they agressive?

i went on 2 shark dives this summer in the Bahamas, and the one that brushed my arm as he (she?) went for the bait was close enough for me. but, i'd go on another one in a red hot minute.(he says as he makes himself as small as possible, like he did on the shark dives):D Kalik rules!

Remember SeaJay if its only me and you in the water and that Shark i don't have to swim faster than the Shark ......................................I only have to swim faster than you:) :) :) :) So make sure to do some Cardio work before December

Yeah, but I'm dirty enough to give you a good "stab" before the race begins... You know, they'll go after the blood... :D

Dude, I think that if a shark bit either one of us, he's spit us back out. I hear they don't eat rotten food. :D

I wonder if the shark would survive having his a$$ kicked from the inside out. :D

you know when i was a child, the jaws movies where out. i used to get scared watching this huge shark devour people, my older brother told me there was nothing to fear, it was only the movies and jaws was a submarine, and when it ate people they wouldnt really get hurt . they would just get in the shark and help the other victoms controle the sub(shark), so for the longest time i would always think of jaws as a sub, isnt that the most rediculous
thing youve ever heard?

Thanks SeaJay!

You're very welcome! Hey, it's the club's website... :) Nice picture, by the way...

isnt that the most rediculous
thing youve ever heard?

Uhhhhh... Yeah, man... :D

Actually, I saw a "making of Jaws" sort of thing yesterday... And the mechanical shark that they made for the movie was controlled by a person... So... The reality isn't really that far off, I suppose. :)

Really, I guess if you think about it, your brother's story probably is more accurate than the idea that the shark actually existed. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom