Just a question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsudiver

Reaction score
To anyone who can help,

Me and two other friends were certified together in April of 2000. We have not had the oportunity to dive again since, but are very excited about getting in the water again. We did our certification dives at Lover's Cove in Monterey California. We like Lover's Cove but would like to visit other locations. Does anyone have any good imput on good places for us to dive? We live in the central valley of California therefore it is easy for us to drive to any beach in California in a matter of hours.

...you & your friends taking an AOW course together. At the very least, you should take a refresher course since it has been so long since your initial cert, but I highly recommend the Advanced Open Water course.

The basic Open Water cert is just an intro to scuba diving. There's alot more for you & your friends to learn to be able to dive competently & safely.

I do not recommend Tulare Lake.
Seriously, first, a refresher pool session or two, then go on down to San Diego and dive La Jolla cove a few times. I think Mario's down there - look him up and make him take you to the best places.
Rick

Hey Guys,
My gear is always ready to go. Just give me a call before you head down and we'll start with something basic like La Jolla Cove, Pt Loma Kelp Beds or the Coronado Islands. The following is my e-mail address: caner@san.rr.com

Mario :D

Warhammer,
I know the guys out here wom do the shark dives, I've done some divers here myself, though never with the cage. Call me an adrenaline junkie... I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to dive with the big fishes of the sea, are you asking me to put something together?

Thanks for all of the replys. I can still remember everything in the course like it was yesterday. I have a pool of my own though so I'll jump in there a few times just to get re-aquainted with everything. I'm sure I will have no problems. If we head up to the San Diego area, like I have allways wanted to, I will be sure to give you a call Mario. I've heard that it's allways nice to get with someone who knows the area for youre first few dives there.Mario, I will give you an email to let you know.

Thanks Everyone,

Can't get loose right now for such a long trip. But it is on my must do list for the near future. But if I could possibly delay the flight connection in LA, in route to Maui this summer, for a day or two, I might! How about you check it out first and if you live, I'll come.:)

No problem guys, I won't be going anywhere! So, if anyone whats to dive, just drop me a line and we'll go get wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom