Just a thought about the chat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please do not get defensive, as this is in no way a personal attack howard. I think simplicity is key, as well as difficult when designing a web site. I now understand there are multiple places to locate the chat, however they are quite hidden and not as simple of a navigation. Or I may just not be a regular that knows these things.

As far as screen resolution goes, I am curious about the actual screen resolution of the users. It has been a long time since i have seen a computer running 1024x768 *in my personal recent experience*. so i am wondering if there is space that is not utilized to their full potential. As I am typing this towards the end of a somewhat long thread (like so many are here on scubaboard) i see un-used space to my left. it seems as if that it could be used to increase ad views if that is a metric you are looking for.

As far as ads go, that should be a discussion for another thread. Two individuals have made comments here, but really is unrelated to the request of the chat link at the top of the nav menu.

Note, I am in full support of ads, i understand their need and I have never installed an ad block as others have suggested. If you don't like ads, then donate.

While on the subject of money, do understand you had to pay for this. To assist in recouping money spent on all aspects of the site, maybe it would be possible to identify where on the site people spend their time (forum, buddy finder, articles, blogs, chat, along with the amount of time spent in these areas. with simple calculation around hw much it costs to provide these services, maybe we could provide a private by user break down of their share. I think this would foster a stronger sense of community since every scubaboarder is part of the larger picture.

We are all in this for the greater good of the scubaboard community.

Perhaps you should log in and stay a while. If you really think 20 people logged in then immediately logged back out, your metrics are not working. I was on for several hours last night, and with me, so were another 15 people on for several hours. Your data is lying to you.

With that said, 20 people vs 2000, I see your point. And if Pete really does want to get rid of me once and for all, all he need do is delete the chat feature.

And if Pete really does want to get rid of me once and for all, all he need do is delete the chat feature.
Paranoid much? You've said this a few times and I certainly have no idea where this concept originates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom