Just another new fish in the tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world if diving. Congratulations on passing your OW course. I'm going to give you the same advise that i give to most of my newly certified students. If you have the money to spend i would not only buy mask, fins, snorkel, and booties, but i would also look into buying a Regulator. Your regulator is your single most important piece of equipment that you use. Rental equipment, while it is generally good equipment, you dont know whats it been through, for all you know someone could have left the dust cap off of the first stage and flooded it. Your regulator is your lifeline and if you plan on diving fairly frequently i would buy one. As far as wich one i would buy... well that depends on how much money you want to spend. My favorite regulator that i have owned is a Mares Ruby first stage with an Mares Abyss second stage. Ive also used a scubapro rig that had a mk25 first stage and a s600 second that was extremely nice. I would also suggest that you purchase and exposure suit. Its just nice to have one that only you have pissed in. haha. But seriously it is better to own you own. As far as you BC is concerned i would agree with the rest of the thread that it is important to try out several styles and brand before you purchase one for yourself. I presonally use a jacket style oceanic contour wich is very comfortable but every diver must choose for himself. I probally went through about a dozen bc's before i found my Oceanic contour that i just love. Well good luck. Be safe.

Mike

Remember, Always Plan Your Dive and Dive Your Plan.

Always dive with a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom