Just Back from St Croix on Rorqual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yes, I forgot about Cane Bay. That was a good site also. We had some who saw an eagle ray at that location. No one however saw any sharks all week. As far as hammerheads...I have yet to see one. I believe they do not exist. Hammerheads and unicorns...there are no such things!

Divers seemed to like the pier for one very big reason- you simply can not get lost. (Altho some take a good shot at it)

Actually I liked it because of it's variety of life.

I also liked the 4 placed wrecks (ship, barge, tug, sealab) on the Western pier side of St. Croix. Armageddon was interesting but too deep to enjoy for long.

Yes, Shallow Wrecks (the 4 placed wrecks) was not bad. I enjoyed the Suffolk Meid but I never made it to the tug. I understand the tug was a good part of the dive.

If you pay in credit card, that costs 3%, and yes- they will have to wait to receive it. The dive crew does indeed draw a paycheck, but not very much. They can't go far with their $60 a week salary, so yes- the tips are what they need. Pay in cash, for sure.

We flew home with one of the crew members and he said he has not been paid regular pay nor credit card tips in the last 8 weeks. I do not consider that just a "they will have to wait to recieve it". To me that is not getting paid.

The musty smell abated after two days of running our room's AC at full throttle. It was not the head.

The smell in our room was not a musty smell. And yet it did not smell like sewage either. It did not occur until mid week so I think musty would have been detected a lot sooner. I am not sure what it's cause was but it was gross.

Can't wait to see some pics Doc.

"they really need to find a way to get rid of the funky smell in some of the cabins"

We're bringing Fabrize!

Last edited:
Can't wait to see some pics Doc.

From Nekton pictures by Doc_Adelman - Photobucket

IMG_5395.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0432.jpg
IMG_5670.jpg
IMG_0256.jpg
IMG_0451.jpg

I'm wondering - was the bad smell located in any one specific area (cabin) ?

We are in a room on the lower level and next to (not under) the spiral staircase.

NAIBdiver1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom