Just booked Bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And then there were six.

I dropped by J.'s family's place Sunday afternoon and did the presentation and a bit of Q&A over lunch. I think it went much more smoothly with J. and I having booked already. There was no need for discussing when or where or anything, as that was already decided, and they all wanted to be part of the who. :wink: I left near the end of the passport party, as they were all finishing up their forms.

They let me know yesterday that they have their reservation, and the shop said they'd certainly schedule a nitrox course around us so they can all get their certs at once. So, is it August yet? :biggrin:

I've just booked a trip to Bonaire 20-29 March, staying at Captain Don's. I'm travelling alone so will be looking for some dive buddies once I get there. This will be my first time shore diving, really looking forward to it!

I'm so excited!!! I just booked the accommodations for our trip to Bonaire for Christmas. We'll be staying in a house that has direct access to Andrea I and II. I've found that you have to plan way ahead, if you want to stay in a specific house. The downside to planning so far in advance is that it's going to kill me to have to wait so long. It'll be worth the wait though :) Anyway, I just had to tell someone... because I'm so excited, I'm about ready to burst.

My wife & I will be @ Divi from 3/23 to 3/30.

Tom, we'll be at the Plaza Resort. Planning on picking up BSDME when we get there, and will be mostly shore diving (we may do a boat trip or two as well, but don't know yet).

Looks like we'll overlap by a few days. Shall we meet for a beer (or a dive)?

I've just booked a trip to Bonaire 20-29 March, staying at Captain Don's. I'm travelling alone so will be looking for some dive buddies once I get there. This will be my first time shore diving, really looking forward to it!

Hi Serenissima -

I don't know whether you still are looking for dive buddies, and we won't be there until near the end of your stay, but my wife and I might be able to buddy with you a couple of times if you like.

I know you said this was your first shore diving, but what other experience do you have? We're pretty comfortable in the water, but we're also recently certified, so we have very little experience ourselves (my wife has 5 logged dives, I have 16). To be frank, since we don't know one another and your profile doesn't say anything about you, I'm a little concerned about getting into a "blind leading the blind" situation. What do you think?

Hi John
I'm not sure when you're ariving (maybe you are already here?) but it will be just in time - the waters were a bit high and choppy last week and the baby dock was out of action. I'd definitely be up for some buddy diving if you two are still interested - I was a bit cautious until I'd checked out the sites but they seem pretty straightforward, even for relatively inexperienced divers. I've 41 dives and am comfortable in the water but not that keen to have to worry about navigation - on these reefs that is no problem!
I'll leave a note on the board at Capt Don's, diver no 36, if you want to find me when you are here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom