Just bought a Hero3....questions on accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't have the 3, but the LCD is too small and sucks up too much battery power. You will end up turning it on and off a lot. There were also a few 2nd dives where I had to lug around a useless rig with no power!

As for the spare battery, never used them. It took a steak knife for me to get the battery out of the GoPro so how does one do that on a dive boat. Not to mention the defogger strip will be done and there is a very high chance of getting water in he housing. So you'll get fog.

When I upgrade to the 3 or 4 I'll take the extra battery power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here's a link on a simple solution to your battery removal problem.. I change batteries on my Hero2 on the dive boat and never had a problem with fog.. Of course, I am using pieces of chamois material (ShamWow) as an absorbant in the case...
GoPro HD battery removal solution - YouTube

Just posted a nice go pro macro..no details yet.....here on scubaboard

c.fletcher

user-offline.png

Registered
stars-1-0.gif

Has not set a "status"

Join DateMar 2011LocationMaldives/FrancePosts14

[h=2]Underwater Macro Footage_Gopro_H1[/h]
Underwater Macro Footage_Gopro_H1 lens 8mm with 1000lumens Video torch​

Replacing the battery on the Hero 3 is not an issue. It's super easy. It works a bit like the solution g550driver posted, but it's made that way both by GoPro and by third parties (at least the one that I have bought). The defogger strip should handle 3-4 openings of the housing, but as others have mentioned, there are even better options than the original from GoPro. I am used to filming with an expensive D-SLR. I always turn its LCD on and off. If I don't the sensor can get overheated and stop working for a while, I will get more noise and it consumes alot of battery. I have never found this to be a problem though and more or less ALL D-SLR works like that. I have never had the urge to film my whole dive and who on earth would bother looking at that film. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom