Just certified in Monterey -- 3' vis!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davidbaraff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got back from Monterey (as in, 3 hours ago) where I got my certification! It's amazing, how having 3' vis on Saturday made us appreciate being able to see all of 7-8' on Sunday!!

I didn't care that much as I wasn't expecting to sight-see a lot on check out dives. I must say, other than fingers feeling a bit cold, it was pretty cool not feeling cold at all in my new 8/7mm wetsuit (SOL AFX by Aqualung, I can now highly officially recommend it).

Thanks to tons of people who answered a lot of my questions over the past months as I slowly geared up. Having my own stuff (BC, wetsuit, wrist-mount wireless dive computer, regulator) etc. and being really comfortable with it was the best.

If anyone is looking to get certified in the Bay Area, I can't recommend Dennis Dives (operating out of Anderson's Scuba) enough -- what an incredible team of instructors!

Way to go!!

If you can dive in low viz and cold water, you're WELL on your way to being a great diver. Keep it up and have a blast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom