just checking in...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently relocated to east coast and wondering how the venice beach thing was going. I added a 1.5 mm hooded vest for my january diving over here and it's great. I see some water temps over there of 63F, your talking a whole other ball game over that way. I do miss the shore diving and will definitely get back over when the water temps start to go back up. Safe diving to all and see ya all in the spring or early summer !

come on wake up in here, it's spring time. I'd like to be put on a notify list when the water temps
hit 74F !

If you're talking about fossil diving in Venice, dress warmer than you normally would [depending on your tolerance to temps]...Divers don't move around as much when looking for 'stuff' and tend to get colder......

Hey Kevin. Temp was 73 on Saturday.:)

Vis has been getting better I think. It seemed like last year was off for the most part compared to the year before, but hopefully this year is looking up! It was very refreshing this weekend not to have to fight the surf on the exit. We were in 5mm/4mm suits ad we were pretty comfortable. Can't wait for warmer temps though - hope the winds and conditions hold through the rest of Spring.

Appreciate the water temp reports. Starting to think about heading over that way in a few weeks.
Sounds like the viz is pretty decent and water temps getting back up there ! dkramer, I may rent
a kayak and maybe do a kayak dive or two or three !

Yeah, You need to do that so we can go & check that ledge out! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom