Just did my first DIR dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you *really* need the knife, I'd investigate a pair of EMT shears for the webbing harness - not specifically strict DIR, but infinitely more useful IMO.

scubanarc once bubbled...
I would say ditch the twins now and get use to the jets if you plan on taking cave classes. If you think your distance to swim now is long, try swimming a mile in and a mile out non stop, in perfect trim with your neck bent up. Learn how to swim like a cave diver now and you will be much better off come class time. I would imagine you would have to take DIRF class before Cave 1. From what I understand no splits in that class either. Good luck in your quest.
Yes, you will have to take DIRF before Cave 1. GUE started requiring DIRF as a prerequisite to Tech 1 or Cave 1 in 2003.

I plan on taking the DIRF first of course. My *goal* is to work up to taking the cave or tech 1 course. This requires 100 dives...I'm only at 40 right now. Lots of diving to do until then. I have lots of time to work up to the non-split fins. I think by summer '04 I should be there.

Also, I'm aware a dive computer isn't DIR...that's why it has a gauge mode.

I 'm looking forward to the rescue class. They are also doing a Nitrox class in March which I will take as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom