Just got a Zeagle 50D first stage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TN-Steve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got a Zeagle 50d first stage (yoke) for 45 bucks off of ebay. Externally it looks like it's in good shape, a few cosmetic flaws, but nothing outside what I could consider normal wear and tear. Haven't had a chance to put it on the test bench yet, maybe get that done on Saturday. Even factoring in the price of a service kit and my own labor, I'm going to be doing good.

Only problem is that I don't really have a use for it (yet). I may get the DIN kit, make it the reg for my pony. Right now I've got an Aqualung Titan LX Supreme, with 2 Titan LX seconds, 2 Dive Rite 1208s (din) first stages, both with dive rite seconds and octos.

And I'm just a rec. diver. God help me if I ever go tech.

RBS

Steve,
The Zeagle first is a pretty good one. One thing which you should expect, and which is rather annoying to me, is a mushy IP lockup. Having used AL regs for a number of years previously, I was concerned when the IP of a new Zeagle first stage floated about 3-5 PSI after a purge. So, because one could do it with the pre-buyout Zeagle, I called and spoke to Jim Fox, their then reg guru. He said that actually was pretty good, since some float further than that. I thought that it might improve with use, but it never did, nor did the IP float get worse. Some time later, when I got a Zeagle service manual, it stated that a total of about 7psi float, but no more, is normal. My reg still floats about 3-5, but when it finally locks up it is quite solid.

Steve,
The Zeagle first is a pretty good one. One thing which you should expect, and which is rather annoying to me, is a mushy IP lockup. Having used AL regs for a number of years previously, I was concerned when the IP of a new Zeagle first stage floated about 3-5 PSI after a purge. So, because one could do it with the pre-buyout Zeagle, I called and spoke to Jim Fox, their then reg guru. He said that actually was pretty good, since some float further than that. I thought that it might improve with use, but it never did, nor did the IP float get worse. Some time later, when I got a Zeagle service manual, it stated that a total of about 7psi float, but no more, is normal. My reg still floats about 3-5, but when it finally locks up it is quite solid.

Yepper. I've got the service manual sitting in front of me. It's odd, but I guess that's just the way they are. In any case... I'll know sooner or later how it it. Been so busy that I haven't had a chance to throw it on the bench. Maybe tomorrow.

Steve

---------- Post added May 2nd, 2015 at 03:45 PM ----------

Just a follow up... I finally got to put it on the stand. IP was 135 and didn't see any creep on the meter over 1 minute. Guess I really got lucky on this one. Yea Me!

Now to give it a purpose in life. :)

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom