Just got back from St. Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deus

Registered
Reaction score
Got back from St. Croix last week and wanted to let you know how it went. Originally got an 8 Dive package with SCUBA. We found them to be great all around no complaints and only praise for them. One day there boat was acting sketchy so to be safe we joined up with Dive experience and all went together. The Dive experience boat was very small and there was no room to move but the people were great! If they only had a bigger boat. One day we cancelled our dive and went on a trip to Buck Island for some snorkeling. We went on Big Beards large catamaran(sp). This was a really fun day. After stopping at two spots they gave us a beach barbecue with plaenty of food and ‘unlimited’ rum. I tried to beat the unlimited quote but couldn’t :wink:

We stayed at the Carambola Beach Resort. I give the resort an 8. The food was great but not too much variety. We got to eat at a place called Off the Wall which was my girlfriends favorite place. She just did not want to leave. All the food there is great I highly suggest it. It is outside nad overlooks Cane Bay and has live music and friendly people. The snorling is great but you need to watch out fot all the sea urchins. In the first ten minutes of snorkling we saw huge white barracuda and rays. The resort is at the end of the island meaning there is no road after it. We rented a jeep for the week and found it to be perfect.

One crappy thing was that we did not get to dive the wall while we were there. Besides that my girlfriend is currently looking for a place down there to move lol. Maybe my next posts will be from the beach :wink:

Back
Top Bottom