Just got certified in Monterey!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
WOOT! Just got certified in Monterey yesterday. Visibility was like 3 feet, the water was cold, there was a fairly strong currently, BUT I PASSED!

:D

Now time for tons of research into finding the right gear...ughh.. :p

Im also thinking about doing the AOW right away..

-LT

Congratulations!

I was down there this weekend and diving wasn't the best... Jellies, low vis and surge and cold aren't the best start to a diving adventure but I'm glad you hung in there. Diving in Monterey is the best around :)

WELCOME. Enjoy you diving and come on down south for some "warm' water excursions!

Congratulations! Do the advance class and hopefully the get you in some better spots then the breakwater. A little further down and out vis was about 25ft.

Way to hang in there Living. I did mine there back in 1999. In November. Dang it was cold but the viz was great. Even had a baby Minki follow my partner and I as we headed in to shore exit.

I recall it was very cold, had a 7mm wet suit, a gazillion pounds of weights...and I was thinking how absolutely great this sport would be. I got my AOW and Nitrox very shortly after.

Then the next Feb I went to Coz for a week to warm up.

Well done!

Getting certified in cold, dark, surgey water, says a lot about you. That you want to dive more says even more.

Have you looked around for dive clubs so you can find experienced buddies?

Congratulations and welcome underwater!!! :D

Congrats! But, I must say, this is the first time I've ever heard of a diver even remotely dreading shopping for gear. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom