Just got my Bare ATR-HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishy8411

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got my new dry suit. Now I know, why so many of you like to dive in cold weather. Until you get in the water it is too d--- hot. I have many questions, looking for sage advice, would even take rosemary or thyme advice.

1) Zipper manufacturer mentions something called BMD oil to use on the inside of the zipper. Is there an alternative lubricant, I can grab at the hardware store?

2) My suit, used once, seems to have a pair of plastic cuffs glued on it. I know the cuffs are for dry gloves (I even have them) but I also bought a removeable cuff set, so I could use wet gloves when I wanted. Is the glued cuff, something I'm stuck with until it is time to replace the seals? (Yes, I do have an email into the distributor, but they won't answer till Tuesday.)

3) I'm going to try attaching the LP hose to my first stage. I am mechanically inclined, or at least I've got a lot of tools and ignorance. Should I put some silicon grease on the O-ring (reg side), any other advice.

4) Any other advice, you can give for the care and feeding of a new Bare Trilam? I would appreciate it, this thing cost to much, must last many moons, seasons, years, decades, and centuries.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom