Just Got My DIR B/P Wing System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

impulse

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

After searching a whole lot, I finally got my diverite aluminium backplate, an STA, HOG 32lb wing and the ultimate hogarthian harness from divegearexpress and just trying to adjust the harness :D. I am quiate happy with the purchase. Just wonder what you think.

And my only concern is now what the heck will I do with my jacket style bcd. This is a minor issue :D

[h=3][/h]

Throw the jacket BCD in a closet and take the BP/W diving. :D

Edit: BTW, do not be discourage if it takes you 10 or 15 dives to get your weighting, harness, etc. just right and then tweak your trim. It's all very different from your jacket, so be patient.

Congratulations with the upgrade of equipment. You will enjoying diving even more...

I guess in your excitement you called it "B/P Wing" instead of BP/Wing, but that's understandable given the circumstances. :cool2: I predict Fun times ahead for you.

It looks like you're single tank diving. In the future you might also want to add a SS backplate (example), especially if your using lighter tanks like AL80's.

BTW, do not be discourage if it takes you 10 or 15 dives to get your weighting, harness, etc. just right and then tweak your trim. It's all very different from your jacket, so be patient.
Yeah true. Safe place is some pool time at first.

I finally got my diverite aluminium backplate, an STA, HOG 32lb wing and the ultimate hogarthian harness from divegearexpress
So did DGE (DiveGearExpress) ship all this to your place in Turkey? Well enjoy.

Congrats - that's good quality gear you have invested in!

The harness adjustment can be a bit counter-intuitive, if you are used to diving in jacket BCDs. The shoulder straps need to be loose - enough so that you can easily slid a horizontal clenched fist between the strap and your chest. Then fasten the waist-band snug and adjust the crotch-strap as tight as you can without causing discomfort. Shoulder d-rings should sit just below your collar bones.

Enjoy!

Thanks for all the comments. I will keep the advices about adjusting harness in mind. I cannot wait untill my first dive with the BP/W BCD. I wonder how it will feel.

So did DGE (DiveGearExpress) ship all this to your place in Turkey? Well enjoy.

Yes they did ship all this to my place. But I had to pay some customs fee to get the stuff. that's it :)

sm_straptightness.jpg

Personally, I'd have the harness shoulder straps quite a bit looser than illustrated above (from the BAUE link). I put four fingers (at the knuckles) behind the harness. My shoulders are a bit wider than the man in the picture.

(p.s. isn't he in the Harry Potter films?)

Back
Top Bottom