Just got my fourth star!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you get beyond the 4-star level they start thinking about shipping you off to the Pentagon.... i think either some of us got overlooked, or else we are secretly working from there, but shuttled down locally to dive and keep up the cover :wink:

When i got here i was all about badge collecting, one star and i thirsted for two, two and i wanted three, three and i was aiming at four, four and i was posting for five, now i have had five for a while i realise that i had moved through all my SB "training" too fast, i had arrived far too quickly at five little gold stars. I have five worthless stars - they werent supposed to be fake golden like my PADI card assured me of, they were supposed to be black DIR stars - i was so foolish and realise the star system means nothing, back to the basics of posting for me, just stick to humour and getting out to dive via arrangements on here, that will give you the most experience, far more than any stars ever could :wink:

Don't ever say "keep it up" and mention my diving thong in the same post! Ya might jinx me!!!!

:wink:

CBulla:
I have this bad vision of Speedo Ratings with stars on them, Greier..

and a butt ring :D

Congrats bro, you got there before I did...maybe you should go for hand surgery, but come to think about it, you now have something (or should I say some people) to keep you off the board and give me a chance to get from a Raddison to a Hilton :eyebrow:

simbrooks:
I have five worthless stars - they werent supposed to be fake golden like my PADI card assured me of, they were supposed to be black DIR stars - i was so foolish and realise the star system means nothing, back to the basics of posting for me, just stick to humour and getting out to dive via arrangements on here, that will give you the most experience, far more than any stars ever could :wink:

Actually, I think PADI gives you a Master ScubaBoard rating if you get 5 stars (and pay a slight fee)...

Scubaguy62:
and a butt ring :D

Congrats bro, you got there before I did...maybe you should go for hand surgery, but come to think about it, you now have something (or should I say some people) to keep you off the board and give me a chance to get from a Raddison to a Hilton :eyebrow:

And yeah, I've got my folks here and am pretty happy about it. I can't wait for you guys to meet my other family. We're going to try and get out snorkeling a few times this weekend. (Of course, Dad tends to "snorkel" with a tank on his back, 10-15 feet below the surface, as long as everything's going well!)

GrierHPharmD:
I guess 500 posts must be some sort of magic number, as I just noticed that my fourth star is filled in.

Wow, I feel special!

Great stuff, although it made me realise i have another 470 to catch up to you :11:

Fitzy:
Great stuff, although it made me realise i have another 470 to catch up to you :11:

Funny, I had never counted them at all till I saw the little star earlier this week. Now if I only had that many dives under my belt...

Just come to South Florida (Yes, I realize that it's a helluva swim!), and we'll make sure you get your quota of posts and dives!

Nice to meet you,
Grier

Well, if I keep getting on these long conference calls, I can get it pretty soon. I'm ready for my 5-star Salchichon Diver Specialty card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom