Just got my fourth star!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found out that posting pictures counts too. I uploaded a bunch from a Scubaboard outing and noticed my count changed. It sorta bummed me out though as I had something very deep and moving to post on the occasion of my 1000th post. But I uploaded pictures first, and decided against the post figuring it wouldn't have the same impact for post # 1007.

Marc

Oh great mystery of life, the inner workings of ScubaBoard...

(I'd have liked to read that thousanth post. I'm sure it was interesting.)

GrierHPharmD:
I'm ready for my 5-star Salchichon Diver Specialty card.
Is that a DIR specialty? No, wait, IANSD (international association of new salchicon divers) :D

:usa:

Well, it just goes to show you what can happen when you have too much free time at work and decide to help Dandy Don greet the Newbies!

I guess I'll have to buy that speedo and put my five stars on it now... :dazzler1:

(Though I'm still working on my Sausage Diver, my Breasticle Specticle, and a few other PADI specialty ratings...)

Best wishes to all, and many, many safe ascents,
Grier

A couple of quotes:

When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer
Walt Whitman
When I heard the learn'd astronomer,
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much
applause in the lecture-room,
How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,
Till rising and gliding out I wander'd off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look'd up in perfect silence at the stars.

And from Psalm 107
They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;
[24] These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.
[25] For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.
[26] They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.
[27] They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end.
[28] Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.
[29] He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
[30] Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.
[31] Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

Yep, you're doing a fine job - and helping out out on Intrroductions is fun, isn't it.

But your PM mail box is full, and you're not taking Emails from SB, so I couldn't reply to you tonight. You wanta' clean out your box... :D

DandyDon:
Yep, you're doing a fine job - and helping out out on Intrroductions is fun, isn't it.

But your PM mail box is full, and you're not taking Emails from SB, so I couldn't reply to you tonight. You wanta' clean out your box... :D

Mea culpa, mea culpa..

I've cleaned out my box (somewhat) and I've turned on the email option (which I thought was already turned on - thanks for pointing that out.)

And I'm always glad to meet our visitors, Don. It's a great way to make new friends...

Grier,
I'm trying to catch up, but I have a long way to go. Nice post up there. Are you going all holly and noble on us????

P.S. I'm trying to help you and Dan out on the greetings when I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom