Just Renewed My DAN Membership & Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I renewed my DAN membership and insurance recently as well. My initial membership date is June 28, 1994, and I've had DAN insurance for every dive since then. Sometimes there is a gap in diving, and I don't renew the insurance until I'm planning to dive again; but even if you get dive insurance someplace else; the membership is well worth it IMO.

tachyon

I am still a newbie to diving with a C card and I am also I new DAN member and customer. I do not see taking the chance of diving without insurance. I do hope to never have to use it but it make my S/O and my Mommy feel better so any insurance is worth it. If you not want to get DAN then get coverage else where, Insurance is kind of like a warm blanket on a cold night, it does not matter where it comes form as long as you have it. I am planning on adding to my DAN coverage with another company just in case.

We renewed our DAN insurance for another year, deciding to wait and see before switching to another company. Since we're only diving domestically in the next year, it gives us plenty of time to see what happens with SSS, etc.

I support DAN, lets face it, someone has to take on those that charge unfair prices for services done. If it goes unchecked, who knows what they will conjure up in the future? Dan has been providing a fantastic service to divers for some time now, and running away because they face off with thugs is not only unfair, it's the very reason to stay with them. If you are going to one of the places that SSS is currently raping, then double cover with an insurance that will pay an inflated cost for treatment. The cost is minimal compared to what you will spend for the trip, and continue to support DAN. Im confident that some reason will come of this in the future, but eather way, im staying with DAN.

tiburon72157:
vicencia & buckley is a much better plan...less restrictive limitations.

http://www.diveinsurance.com/

But it has a couple warts. You are not covered while "fishing underwater". Also has an exclusion for "unusual" conditions. Who knows how they might try to apply that one.

DAN Europe (different company) for the last 3 years.

Have only needed them once (luckily it was false alarm) but nevertheless quite happy with them. I will renew them.

dbg40:
I support DAN, lets face it, someone has to take on those that charge unfair prices for services done. If it goes unchecked, who knows what they will conjure up in the future? Dan has been providing a fantastic service to divers for some time now, and running away because they face off with thugs is not only unfair, it's the very reason to stay with them. If you are going to one of the places that SSS is currently raping, then double cover with an insurance that will pay an inflated cost for treatment. The cost is minimal compared to what you will spend for the trip, and continue to support DAN. Im confident that some reason will come of this in the future, but eather way, im staying with DAN.
Hear, hear!
action-smiley-033.gif
Well said.

Yeah, I take Trip Ins for any international dive trip, for several reasons. Even if I had to go to an SSS clinic, I'd have that as well. But wouldn't you hate to go to a clinic owned by a greedy doctor?
action-smiley-034.gif

tiburon72157:
vicencia & buckley is a much better plan...less restrictive limitations.

http://www.diveinsurance.com/
I just picked it up for my trip to the Galapagos next month, even though my DAN Insurance won't lapse until this June.
awap:
But it has a couple warts. You are not covered while "fishing underwater".
Most of the places I go don't allow that anyway. I like pics UW anyway.
awap:
Also has an exclusion for "unusual" conditions. Who knows how they might try to apply that one.
Now that's a good question, I'll see if I can't get a definative answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom