Just returned from Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachick1

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I just returned from a week long stay on Grand Cayman and wanted all of you to know that it was a fantastic trip. We stayed at Sunset House and dived everyday. We went out for a 2 tank boat dive in the morning and shore dived all afternoon. Sunset House was great!! The staff really took care of us. Sunset Divers were great!! They do ask you not to go deeper than 100 ft. Which is fine however they did tell us if we were diving on a computer we had 40 minutes and on tables we had 20 minutes. Which I thought odd but hey I was on tables and know my limits. The food is good, not outstanding but good. You can see some devastation on land but hardly any at the dive sites we went to. I would stay at Sunset House again.

I also took underwater photography lessons from Cathy Church and my abilities have improved 110%. She is a FANTASTIC teacher.

scubachick1:
I just returned from a week long stay on Grand Cayman and wanted all of you to know that it was a fantastic trip. We stayed at Sunset House and dived everyday. We went out for a 2 tank boat dive in the morning and shore dived all afternoon. Sunset House was great!! The staff really took care of us. Sunset Divers were great!! They do ask you not to go deeper than 100 ft. Which is fine however they did tell us if we were diving on a computer we had 40 minutes and on tables we had 20 minutes. Which I thought odd but hey I was on tables and know my limits. The food is good, not outstanding but good. You can see some devastation on land but hardly any at the dive sites we went to. I would stay at Sunset House again.

I also took underwater photography lessons from Cathy Church and my abilities have improved 110%. She is a FANTASTIC teacher.

That hotel was in the direct line of one of the storms. It needed to have major repairs done. Did you see any signs of repair? What about the underwater mermaid? Did you see it? What about the rest of the reef?

It would be great to hear more specifics.

Our LDS cancelled a recent trip to Sunset House simply because the repairs had not progressed sufficiently up to that point in time (January).

triton94949:
That hotel was in the direct line of one of the storms. It needed to have major repairs done. Did you see any signs of repair? What about the underwater mermaid? Did you see it? What about the rest of the reef?

It would be great to hear more specifics.

Our LDS cancelled a recent trip to Sunset House simply because the repairs had not progressed sufficiently up to that point in time (January).

Most of the repairs are completed. They had carpenters working on the roofs the last 2 days we were there. There are still 3/4 rooms that need to be repaired too. The restaurant is open as well as the bar. They had the tiki hut roof repalmed one night. The pool and hot tub are open too. I can't wait to go again! I hope your triip is rescheduled soon.

I attached one of the photos I took during my water time with Cathy Church.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom