Just Wondering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doogie

New
Reaction score
I am just starting out. I am wondering what some people feel the pros and cons of "Heal Strap" type fins and "Closed" type fins?

What do you like and what dont you like?

Doogie once bubbled...
I am just starting out. I am wondering what some people feel the pros and cons of "Heal Strap" type fins and "Closed" type fins?

What do you like and what dont you like?

They're two different designs for different watre temperatures. One (closed) for warm water (upper 20's Celsius) where you don't need a boot and the other (open) for cold water where you need a boot to keep your foot warm.

R..

personally I like the heel strap with booties. when shorediving it is hard to walk with fins in and out of the water. many times there are things in the rocks/ sand that you don't want to be barefooting it over.

You can use closed heels with a wetsuit, normally wear a sock inside and a sock over the foot and fin that has front toe section cut off. I used this setup when I was freediving ~zeN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom