Jvc Gr-dz-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesherpa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Budget reallignment requires purchase of an inexpensive system (have to buy new drysuit). Has anyone used this single chip camera? The price with housing is right. I'm not shooting professionally, but I'd like good quality footage.

Jamie

I haven't used this particular one, but i've used the dvp3u, the 7 and the 9. They all shot good quality video but the stills were awful, and totally unuseable. The cameras were indestructible and i still have the 9 with an ikelite housing as a backup. The other thing that bothered me with these cameras and ikelite housings was that they were too light for my liking. i struggled to keep them steady! Also, JVC makes great high capacity batteries as long as they fit in your housing! Finally, i just check out this camera at BH, and saw that it's a 2mp so i think video quality will be better than the ones i've used!
Hope this helps.
Billy

Tristessa:
I haven't used this particular one, but i've used the dvp3u, the 7 and the 9. They all shot good quality video but the stills were awful, and totally unuseable. The cameras were indestructible and i still have the 9 with an ikelite housing as a backup. The other thing that bothered me with these cameras and ikelite housings was that they were too light for my liking. i struggled to keep them steady! Also, JVC makes great high capacity batteries as long as they fit in your housing! Finally, i just check out this camera at BH, and saw that it's a 2mp so i think video quality will be better than the ones i've used!
Hope this helps.
Billy

Thanks, Billy!
I appreciate your input.

Back
Top Bottom