Kaanapali small boat operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timmyk

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, my first Maui trip is coming up in mid-June. Who are the small-boat Lahaina/Kaanapali operators? I think I'd like to try Lanai with a few divers instead of a crowd.

Depends what you consider "small boat". Extended Horizons puts 13 divers on their boat, Hawaiian Rafting Adventures puts 12 divers. Both will divide into 2 groups for the dives. Those would be your only 2 choices that I'm aware of.

Try Steve at Hawaiian Rafting Adventures. New boat (year ago), great gear. Will zip you over to Lanai in no time. Very happy with the operation.

I second the vote for Hawaiian Rafting Adventures. Excellent operation. My experience with them was a lot better than mine with Lahaina to Molokini Backwall.

My wife and I just came back from Maui and we dove with Extended Horizons both off the boat at Lanai and off the beach with Keith (I was doing my advanced). They are a top notch operation. Pics and separate thread to follow.

Bryce

Mala Wharf on the north end of Lahaina still supports the Extended Horizons operations I believe. Eric Stein is still the owner I believe and a first class owner/captain/diver at that. Send a call there way and see if you can't hook up with them. I am not familiar with the H.R.A operation but it's great to hear of another option for divers that is getting good reviews as well. Lahaina divers is a pretty large operation that goes out of Lahaina harbor and is an option as well. They have two large boats last I was aware of. Extended Horizons jumps at the opportunity (if mother nature permits) to cross over to Molokai for some out of this world dives (POSSIBLY HAMMERHEADS). If you catch a window with light winds you may get lucky with them. Some of the best dives include Second Cathedral and Shark Fin Reef.

Consider a trip to the Maui Ocean Center as well - it is a really impressive aquarium that often offers the chance to see a Tiger Shark in a beautiful shark exhibit.

Good luck to ya and best of island wishes...

Diving in that tank is fun too. I appreciate Brad at B & B for turning us onto that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom