kagoshima or miyazaki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Kevin,
I have just realized that I've been giving you wrong info. I have mixed up Kagoshima and Kumamoto (for some reason I mix those names up a lot!!! duh!) My references earlier refer to Kumamoto - NOT Kagoshima. So sorry! Now I have realized the difference, yes - you might find that Kagoshima stays a bit warmer in winter than north Kyushu. I have never dived down there (it's too far away from me) so you better rely on ken's posts for that info.

again fellas, my thanks for sharing your wisdom....

Was wondering your thoughts on the LDS situation in japan. Any quirks in the way they do business compared to western shops ( mexico, u.s., australia) Reason im asking is currently my lds runs local trips off new jersey that i attend, kind of a club atmosphere there. From what i gather alot of dive shops have trips to local dive spots that they help charter for the sake of a weekend dive. Do shops in Japan do this? Or is it more the $10 for a 80cu rental, smile and a " dont let the door hit you on the way out" routine. Now that i think of it if you guys have been in country for so long its probably second nature, but i wondered what are your thoughts compared to the U.S. ( or england for Kim ). Cant wait to hit the water swimming if you know what i mean, i want to be prepared.

-Kevin

I would recommend Amami Oshima as well. I had a dive vacation there last summer, and its report and pictures are uploaded to my personal web site here.
http://pacificblue.plala.jp/sites/scuba/Dive Log/DiveLog05-5.htm
Unfortunately description is in Japanese, but hope this could help your plan. There is no geogeous resort hotel, but it means to allow you to stay there in quite reasonable price.

Pacificblue:
I would recommend Amami Oshima as well. I had a dive vacation there last summer, and its report and pictures are uploaded to my personal web site
Unfortunately description is in Japanese, but hope this could help your plan. There is no geogeous resort hotel, but it means to allow you to stay there in quite reasonable price.

hi pacificblue,

well come to the Board!
did you put up your self-introduction ? if you did, i feel sorry that i did not notice it.

i guess you are a japanese. where do you live and go for diving in the weekend? i live in tokyo and go to izu often. let's get together sometime if you are near tokyo.

ken chung ar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom