Kahana, Maui in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grover48

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got a call from the time share folks. We have a week in Kahana, Maui March 20-27.

I am looking for a dive operator in that area. My wife wants to finish her OW cert with a referral at that time.

We are looking for a place to rent to stay the preceding week. We would like to dive Molokini.

We will be renting a car for the time we are there.

The only shop in Kahana is Maui Dive Shop.

If you want a dive company close to Kahana to finish the OW training, I recommend Lahaina Divers. They aren't too far from Kahana, have excellent instructors, and will take great care of you. However, you can easily combine two things by having your wife finish her OW and dive Molokini by going with B&B. They have a strong reputation for training, and are highly recommended as a dive charter as well.

For Molokini dives you have two choices: Drive to Kihei to catch a charter that's a 15 min. boat ride to Molokini; or dive with Lahaina Divers and take an hour boat ride to Molokini.

We've done both and honestly have always enjoyed the boat ride (island view and whale watching) to Molokini with Lahaina Divers. However, they're geared more toward the beginning or occasional diver, so we drive now to go out with an operator geared toward the more experienced diver.

Back
Top Bottom