Kauai/Maui dive report...It's all good

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kenbert61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just back from 3 weeks over on Kauai/Maui, one of the best times of my life.

Fisrt dive was on Kauai with Seasport Divers and Anthony who is on scubaboard was my divemaster. Anthony met me at the shop just like we planned and we went with captain Zak a native hillarious Hawaian boat captain, big boat only 6 of us and a great time was had by all. We dove Captains Zak's secret spot which was a a very nicel reef. I won't bore you with a list of all the wonderfull critters I saw but I will tell you Anthony's easy going pace made for a wonderfull dive. I hadn't dove in 4 months but felt very relaxed. Second Dive was Sheraton Caverns a really cool dive with massive Turtles, slight problem here as I was doing my safety stop a boat glided over my head I thought that wasn't very cool...till I surfaced and they told me it was a whale that went right over me...Man I am I the only guy to miss a freakin whale. Can't say enough about Seasports customer service as they even gave me a ride back to my condo after the trip. Very nice folks.

Maui- first dive was a shore dive with Shaka Doug...pause here for the double shaka hand signal...very cool. Man this was a bargain if there is such a thing on Maui. Doug is a super cool dude, made me fell very comfortable and I learned a ton from him before during and after our dives. The critters seem to like Shaka Doug also as they would approach him and mug for the Camera...I am dead serious the turtles and fish posed with me! The cd/video I bought from Doug is now a cherished memory I can re-vist anytime. I liked my dive so much especially after my 2 dives of close to 2 and half hours of bottom time.... I setup one of his Twilight dives. Pause for another Shaka way cool hand signal here. The second dive at night here was scary good I felt like I was in wonderful haunted house. 5 minutes in we surprised a rather large shark and I was a little weary but as the corol danced and glowed, the jackin the box eels were out of control I was in a world I never knew existed...Thanks Doug!

Molokini Crater with Ed Robinson I went snorkeling here the day before so I had low expectations because while the snorkeling was good I thought the dive would not be great...but that's because we were next to the rim.
The dive from the middle to the edge and back was magical what a difference in Sealife! just a few hundred yards away from the day before. I could dive here everyday of my life.
They say watch your dept and you should I wandered a bit and found myself at 99 feet when we were diving 80 so just be carefull. Dave my divemaster was never far away and a great guy to boot ...very cool dive. Second dive close to shore was just okay Shaka Doug's was better and they dive a lot of the same spots.No complaints. Captain Ken of Ed Robinson was kinda of a gruff smartass, but I am not the sensitive type so he didn't bother me...kinda thought it was funny when he made fun of the diver who put there head in a foothole of there wetsuit.Again customer service excellent take care of your gear wash it if your diving again and setup everything for you. Nice folks at the shop also.

On a side note my wife is not a diver but wanted to snorkel ,whale watch and go to Lanai...I think Zen girl diver had recommended Trilogy and we found them wonderfull for all those activity's big clean pretty boats and the friendliest staff I have ever encountered.Thank you Zen Diver ...Not recomended for diving but everything else was great....It's all good
,No worries

Back
Top Bottom