Keep eye on NHC, possible storms about a week out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope, at this moment I think you could swim across the back patio - it’s sticky!!
I have no idea what that means but it looks like Cozumel has dodged the bullet.

I hope, at this moment I think you could swim across the back patio - it’s sticky!!
Yeah, I read that a few times and wondered. Maybe some words drifted?

it looks like Cozumel has dodged the bullet.
I heard it was a lovely day there today.

These two wannabe hurricanes on either end of Cuba keep aiming at Louisiana, one expected to hit there Monday, the other Tuesday, unless they simply merge for a combined hit. Flooding is the biggest risk to life in these things, and I am afraid that New Orleans is going to drown again.

I'm very happy now as we fly out this Thursday morning for 9 days, Frontier direct from DEN -> CUN. I've been keeping an eye on Marco and Laura all week. Another great site I use is Mike's Weather Page... powered by Sparks Energy! . It's an aggregator site, but has tons of useful information. Gives more info than the NHC site (some of the info comes from there).

If I were you folks, I'd be watching out for the triple play

Standby for another one this weekend, hopefully this one will also miss.
upload_2020-8-31_6-33-28.png

Great. We arrive in CUN on Friday.

Maybe I'll put my patio furniture inside and that'll be enough deterrence :thumb:
What does it do to the viz if it stays south, say around Belize?

What does it do to the viz if it stays south, say around Belize?

I dunno - no where near enough experience to figure that out - the currents still have me baffled. I'd think it might effect it somewhat but there's a lot of water moving thru that channel so I wouldn't think it'd be long term. I sometimes think that rain and drainage from the mangroves have more effect than anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom