Keeping gloves attached to SI Tech rings??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerrynuss

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Large SI Tech rings and my hand will fit barely into the ring. The next problem is the glove pops out of the ring when my hand tries to go int the glove.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm really close to just putting some PVC pipe inside the suit sleve and mounting a glove on it with a stainless hose clamp.

jerrynuss:
I ordered a pair of Large SI Tech rings and my hand will fit barely into the ring. The next problem is the glove pops out of the ring when my hand tries to go int the glove.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm really close to just putting some PVC pipe inside the suit sleve and mounting a glove on it with a stainless hose clamp.

The rings should have come with a few different sets of colored "inner" rings that are different thicknesses. These different colored rings are used with varying thicknesses of gloves. You probably just need to go with a thicker inner ring that will "squeeze" the glove tighter into the outer ring. You can check the Si-Tech site for more info. These rings do have a bit of a learning curve to get things right. Hope this helped.

Matt

When you say glove comes out of the ring, I assume you mean the glove comes out of the glove ring, not that the glove and glove ring come out of the suit ring?

As Matt say, there should be a selection of inner rings with the glove ring set. My gloves are almost impossible to get out once they are in, so yours must be pretty loose if they are popping out on their own.

If you can't find a thicker ring, you can also wrap the inner ring with tape to get a tighter fit - it works best to wrap it all the way around the ring in a spiral, rather than around just the outside, since that way it will be less likely to scrape off then you install them.

I tried a bunch of things and it came down to my hands are too big to fit through the glove cuff when it has the ring attached and the extra material captured by the ring. So every time I tried to fit my hands through it dislodged the glove and inner ring from the outer ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom