Kelvin Grove Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimi

Registered
Reaction score
I think (and hope) that Kelvin Grove, a little bay just south of Vancouver, is moderatley well known to southern BC divers. I live a 5 minute walk from kelvin grove Beach, and i always see divers there. You know who you are!!! maybe we can dive sometime...

I've never been diving at Kelvin, but I could.... :wink:

Andrea

Jimi:
I think (and hope) that Kelvin Grove, a little bay just south of Vancouver, is moderatley well known to southern BC divers. I live a 5 minute walk from kelvin grove Beach, and i always see divers there. You know who you are!!! maybe we can dive sometime...

Jimi:

Do they still have the no scuba divers sign posted?

ya, the sign is still there, but it says "No Diving Groups Or Schools". That sign doesnt serve a purpose, as a) lions bay/kelvin grove is very poorly policed. and b) it says no groups or schools, and within the law, things have to be official, so basically, no official groups or schools. You could be a bunch of solo divers that all came at the same time by coincidence. It is a nice local place tho.

Kelvin was always my favourite of the local dive sites. Andrea can't believe you haven't been there if you are an Ocean Pro person. Talk to Marlise (sp?) we used to go all the time on a wed night.

Great night dive for sure, head out and down the wall to the right, massive octopus at about 120', or at least there used to be...

Ya, my dad saw that octo recently, its one of those giant pacific ones, and they r huuugge. As for it being northwest, here r some directions; you follow the transcanada northbound from west van, and before you hit the ferry terminal at horseshoe bay, take a right and transfer onto the 99. If you are going northbound from vancouver, lower kelvin grove is about av 10-15 minute drive from horseshoe bay, and it is a left turn onto a small offramp; it is across from upper kelvin grove, which is a big steep hill with lots of houses on stilts. You can stop by my house for directions to the dive site and tips for when you get there.

I'd also love to go there for a dive. The only reason I haven't been is because there is no parking available near the dive site and I've heard once initial drop off is made, somebody has to hike way up the road to park the vehicle.

I dove it once and we had to do exactly what bcsean described.

It's unfortunate, because it's a great dive site (a wall just encrusted with life) & there's ample parking in the area... except the community has decided not to play nice & share. :(

I think there were lots of groups of divers who were quite loud doing night dives. This eventually got tiresome to the locals who complained enough so that now parking down there is not allowed. It's enough to push most divers away to other sites.

We try to be aware of that when going to sites like Ansell, whisky cove.... Houses around, and you need to be respectful of that. We don't need anymore nice divesites blocked off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom