Kelvin Grove - @$$hole Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rutger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So, I was at Kelvin Grove this weekend doing a couple dives, testing out the Christmas purchases.

While there, I witnessed another diver who decided to take a leak in the bushes beside the walking path, rather than the washroom that was 20m away.

Now, with the problems we as diver's have had in maintaining access to Kelvin Grove, the hostility of several residents to "Divers" in general, due to "Public Nudity" and "Public Urination", it absolutely bewilders me as to why someone would do this.

When the ban occurred and the signs went up last summer, there was a hell of an outcry and the fact that the Municipality of Lions Bay responded by allowing diving again (albeit the "ban" would never have stood up to a court challenge) showed that there are a lot of people who value that location as a dive site and are going to vocally express that.

The fact that someone would again jeopardize that through ignorant acts is disgusting.

Another element that really grinds my gears, is that from photos' posted on this board, I recognize the offending public pisser as a Scubaboard forum member.

I debated calling them out publicly, a shaming so to speak, but opted instead to spark a little debate on the subject, see what you all think (I'm not over-reacting IMO, I think most everyone who dives that area would be sorely upset if Lions Bay decided to shut-down public access to that location.

Needless to say, to the offending individual, give your head a shake next time and consider what your stupid anti-social actions might do for public opinions that already hold the esteem of divers in low regard.

Unbelievable that people are still doing this. Thanks for posting and reminding us that the deal is not yet done and we really could still lose access to this site... and others.

I miss the point of your point, and the smiley indicates sarcasm? My point is to vent about a diver doing something ignorant in public, that effects the image of other divers.

I personally railed against Lions Bay when they made claims about people peeing publicly. I couldn't believe anyone would do that, especially when they make a public washroom available.

Apparently I was mistaken, and there are those who don't seem to think its a problem.

Curious thread if your true intent was to protect the image of scuba diving. Maybe his drysuit catheter didn't work. :)

Should have something to him right then and there. Public whizzing SHOULD be embarassing.

Unbelievable that anyone that frequents SB would do this.

I'm pretty sure whoever did it will read this thread. So, whoever you are: You are an EMBARRASSMENT and an A$$, cut it out.

If yah gotta go you gotta GO! I DO IT IF I HAVE TO! My Ex GF would jump out of her car in the stupid lineups going towards abbotsford from Van and go on the side of the road. BIG DEAL! The Heirachy in Lions Bay really should grow up. We are human. Im not gonna piss in a $2000 drysuit! We probably would get complaints for drinking Tim Hortons over Starbucks there too!

I don't think we need to debate the pros and cons of peeing at Kelvin again and I am more than a little embarrassed to say that I think it was me. Here is a copy of a PM I just sent to Rutger

Hi Rutger,

Was this about 9am? If so I think I am the offender. I was attaching my condom catheter to my P valve and had thought I'd gone into the bushes and checked up and down the trail fairly well before hand. Obviously not if you did in fact see me. I honestly didn't want to do that in the smelly WC there but will have to rethink how I do my pre dive work. If you could see me I suppose others could as well.
Sorry if I offended. My face is a little red right now but you have pointed out a blind spot to me. Thanks. I do value diving at KG and wouldn't want to add to any negative image. My mistake.

Dale.

Although I thought I had checked the trails pretty well before hand I guess not. I had some reasons for avoiding the WC at the time but could have easily done something different just as easily. I made a mistake and admit it. I like to think of myself as a social diver and wouldn't want to do anything that messes it up for others so my apologizes go out to the diving community. Very embarassing at the moment but a good lesson/kick in the butt for me I suppose.

Ah geez, even with the p-valve, little Dale is getting you into trouble. Sounds like you took adequate measures for what you were doing.

Back
Top Bottom