Kelvin Grove - @$$hole Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not smart enough to understand your meaning.

Just a negative thread IMO. Divers do not have a public relations problem. Our contenient has loads of issues. Divers in the shrubs working on their drysuits is not high on the list by my estimation...

That is a pisser

Ugh -- have any of you visited Paris? They wiz everywhere there - their streets, their subways, their sidewalks stink to high heaven!

You might not notice it in the morning, but by the time the afternoon heat warms the urine, that area probably stinks to the sky, too.

Don't underestimate the power of a bunch of retired old folks. They don't call them HOA nazis for nothing, and they have the time to pursue a proper closing of your playground. FWIW.

Ugh -- have any of you visited Paris? They wiz everywhere there - their streets, their subways, their sidewalks stink to high heaven!

You might not notice it in the morning, but by the time the afternoon heat warms the urine, that area probably stinks to the sky, too.

Don't underestimate the power of a bunch of retired old folks. They don't call them HOA nazis for nothing, and they have the time to pursue a proper closing of your playground. FWIW.

:shakehead: That is the French for you. They treat Americans like crap. After all we bailed them out of two world wars and Vietnaum.:shakehead:

ANYWAY...

The people in Lions Bay are pissed because it's not so "secluded" and "private" with us divers all around it. Not because people are pissing or changing, IMO.

Remember that Lions Bay is a VERY affluent area. VERY.

They think we are all nuts diving in the cold water. Hell, I think we're all a little cookoo.

Anyone else read the title and think that Kelvin Grove was the name of some a$$hole diver? LOL.

Anyone else read the title and think that Kelvin Grove was the name of some a$$hole diver? LOL.

I think that everytime I see this thread listed in my subscriptions list in my control panel.

First, let me say this has been an educational thread in more ways than one. I have learned that even what we may consider an insignifigant act within the diving community may be misconscrued by outsiders, particularily in a sensitive area. A good lesson no matter what else may come of things and one I would not want to diminish.

I have really struggled with whether to post further into this thread as I don't really want to add to the negativity it has created. I have no problem taking ownership of my mistakes but this one sentence will not stop bothering me (for obvious reasons):

However, I don't want the woman walking her dog that walked behind you while you were fiddling in the bushes, to have reason to complain about diver's in general.

Rutger, I do not want to continue a negative thread any longer than I have to but the quoted sentence really bothers me and you could quickly clear things up and end the matter for me with a simple clarification: When exactly did you dive at Kelvin Grove that weekend?

First, let me say this has been an educational thread in more ways than one. I have learned that even what we may consider an insignifigant act within the diving community may be misconscrued by outsiders, particularily in a sensitive area. A good lesson no matter what else may come of things and one I would not want to diminish.

I have really struggled with whether to post further into this thread as I don't really want to add to the negativity it has created. I have no problem taking ownership of my mistakes but this one sentence will not stop bothering me (for obvious reasons):

Rutger, I do not want to continue a negative thread any longer than I have to but the quoted sentence really bothers me and you could quickly clear things up and end the matter for me with a simple clarification: When exactly did you dive at Kelvin Grove that weekend?
I kinda caught that train of thought also. Pretty observant fella. Maybe the CIA could use him to find Osama. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom