Ken's Mask Experiment...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I hate change.

Actually, I don't hate change - I just love being in a groove.

This is why a new restaurant is so tough for me. The pressure is really on to order the right thing that first time... because if it sucks, I'll never go back, and if it rules, I'll order the same there forever.

I'm a freak. But I'm easy to shop for.

Mask time. My beloved Seavision is getting a little tired. This mask is the best mask I've ever owned. Going on 3 years - bone dry, comfy, no mask hickies... its just a dream.

But lately - I've lost weight. The skirt has a few small tears, it drips a bit... It just doesn't fit like it used to. So the pressure is on to find a new mask.

I consider myself change adverse, actually.

About a month ago I went preemptive mask shopping. I found the perfect fit: the Cressi Big Eye. This thing fits like no other mask on the shelf. I tried about 20... and this mask fits so perfectly. Reg in. Over the hood. Its beautiful, man.

So I went back to the shop today and they're on sale for like $34.00.... unreal. That's like eBay price. So get one. Black, of course. Tonight I'm giving it the toothpaste treatment, and tomorrow we dive.

One thing. I'm having a bit of a Rule 6 issue. I mean, wow. Kinda funky. Kinda Area 51-meets-A Bug's Life. I dunno. This thing looks unusual.

But what a fit. If I stay dry, I'll live with the Precious Moments look.

This better work.

K

mask.

It is the best fitting mask I have owned in 25 years of diving.

Funny thing is that not all of the Big Eyes at the LDS fit the same.
I am not certain of the exact difference. I just took the one that fit the best.

Mask rocks. 3 dives - bone dry, great fit, above average field of view. Very impressed.

My beloved Seavision just became a spare, with my Mini-shadow staying in the left pocket as a back up.

Fit is everything. Although I look like a velvet painting of those kids with the really big eyes - it fits, its dry, I'm happy.

K

Agree...i use a cressi horizon...it leaks but it is a product of my beard and stach...not the mask.

If you flash me the now universal sign, with one hand, as you grip the bull kelp with the other, stating something to the effect (I'm prarphrasing now: )

"IS MY ^$%#@& VALVE DUMPING??? WELL?????

I may spit the reg again, but my mask will not leak

:D

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
If you flash me the now universal sign, with one hand, as you grip the bull kelp with the other, stating something to the effect (I'm prarphrasing now: )

"IS MY ^$%#@& VALVE DUMPING??? WELL?????

I may spit the reg again, but my mask will not leak

:D

K

thank God for bull kelp.

boomx5 once bubbled...

The suit wasn't dumping to well when we were up diving with Pug a few months ago; it was pretty funny.
I can imagine that would be quite comical......lol. By the way if your suit has a DSV valve bare no longer uses them. They now use si tech valves on their drysuits. I started having problems with my valve and replaced it with a si tech.

By the way im extremely jealous you guys got to dive with the pugster :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom