Kentucky Scuba is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OHHHHHH! manatee's :D Fishies too??

JP I think we are on the same camp site. Air matress is a must, especially if I am diving. The hips just don't take sleeping on the hard ground. I think I have it down to an art as far as packing. I have managed to get a lot in a small Rubbermaid tub. Chris has seen how I travel.

So what is everybodies thoughts about suits? Got a 2mm shorty and a skin. I really hate to drag the dry suit or the semi dry to Florida.

Still chomping at the bit for the video system but I don't think I am going to make it before the trip.

I've got a 3mm farmer john and a 5mm hood, I think that will be ok. The springs are 72deg so its a little chilly but not too bad.

I think the manatees will be cool, I hope we get lucky enough to find them. I've been told that chances a very good in Feb.

John

I noticed a post about a manatee dive the first part of February so I think we should be fine.

OK jp, I won't tell you that I dove Aruba in nothing but trunks in 75 degree waters. I know the second dive is the one that gets ya. I think I should be fine and if not surely there is a LDS close by.

I've usually dove the springs in a 3mm full and a 3mm shorty as a core
warmer, I also use a 3mm beanie cap instead of a hood. Like you say, it is
the consecutive dives that will get you! But it always goes back to what your
cold tolerances are. Last year Chris from LDC dove a dry suit at Devil's Den,
I think he cooked a bit on that dive!

Kinda figured that the dry suit was out..even though I want to try out the "new" turtle fins that I got this week.
Figured on the 5/3 hood and 5mm gloves plus 5mm booties plus the skin and shortie.
I think I can suffer for a few dives with a warm surface temp. Ebay loves me today so buying a new suit is probably going to be out of the question.

Hey,
I have had a serious problem with getting a dive buddy last year. I dont know if it was the weather or just the diving here in KY. I am determined to get some diving in this year. Spent to much money on gear and lessons to waist anymore time. I have never been out to falling rock. I was wanting to know if you have to bring a dive buddy with you or can you meet someone there and buddy up. I work odd hours so its hard to meet fellow divers. If anyone is interested in getting a trip together or diving let me know. Im an OW diver. I tried the lou dive buddy list but never got anyone to follow through with a dive. Dont have the big bucks to go to far like FL every month but ILL to that quarry or falling rock is cool. Im at kalwats@bellsouth.net. Hit me up.

:D
diverdown231:
Hey,
I have had a serious problem with getting a dive buddy last year. I dont know if it was the weather or just the diving here in KY. I am determined to get some diving in this year. Spent to much money on gear and lessons to waist anymore time. I have never been out to falling rock. I was wanting to know if you have to bring a dive buddy with you or can you meet someone there and buddy up. I work odd hours so its hard to meet fellow divers. If anyone is interested in getting a trip together or diving let me know. Im an OW diver. I tried the lou dive buddy list but never got anyone to follow through with a dive. Dont have the big bucks to go to far like FL every month but ILL to that quarry or falling rock is cool. Im at kalwats@bellsouth.net. Hit me up.

Join in KOMI club. You never miss the local diving event and dive buddy. We are diving at Joes and BS regularly, almost every weekend. LOL~~~~ Joe is closed at this moment, so come to BS and get wet together...:D

Check out my gallery for the direction or PM me....

In addition, don't miss this FL trip. They are all active divers who you can hardly meet without being an inner circle. :) Specially, Chris and Wally used to be the trouble makers.

BTW, Chris, the new road to I-65 has been built, so you will never lose your way and wander into a strange place.

Thanks Hoosier,
I went ahead and bought a gps this weekend, if I get lost now there is no hope for me. Wally, inner circle, we need to come up with a secret word and handshake!

TROUBLE MAKERS, USE TO BE!!!... I STILL AM!! :D Somebody has got to keep things lively around here. I agree Chris..the inner circle needs a secret word and handshake. We'll have 4 days to figure that one out.

Oh, BTW, welcome diverdown. I am sure that you will get wet sometime this year. It sounds like Landlocked and Krobi are looking at doing a lot of diving this year. Sometime it is a pain to get hooked up. BTW, the fee for BS (Blue Springs) is now $20 so good luck on getting some of us to go there.

Back
Top Bottom