Kentucky Scuba is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked:
You guys and your steels,,,,,,make me an offer, AL80 new 2005, o2 cleaned,
Nitrox sticker, only used a few times. PM me an offer, anyone???

Wow~~~ It is a pretty new tank, even O2 cleaned...........

Are you moving to the steel, too? :wink:

If I didn't already have my two tanks I would have bought it off of you when we went to FL. I bought mine for $85 delivered and they were both O2 cleaned but not as new. Sorry but I think my next will be steels.

My housing could also be a scooter, you never know. :D If it wasn't for WT's souvenir from FL I wouldn't need a mortgage on the house. Chris I should have left this thing with you, it is eating me out of house and home.

WT when you get ready to buy a housing I would suggest going with the electronic controls. If not when, and you will, flood the housing you better pray that you can still get the camera.

mmmmmm.....scooter, something I've been looking at. Hope you get one with
enough battery for 2 divers and a buddy strap. I was looking at a couple of
steel 95's when I bought the AL80 for nitrox diving. Maybe I'll drop by the LDS
and see if they are still there, if so, they should have a healthy discount since
they had already been in stock for a year.

crpntr133:
WT when you get ready to buy a housing I would suggest going with the electronic controls. If not when, and you will, flood the housing you better pray that you can still get the camera.

Wally, it sounds like you became an expert on the housing matter. I think I need your many help when I decide the housing. I have no idea about what you are talking, "electronic control"? :wink: I just bought PC1000 for my dad... Man, it is a sweet and compact. So, I swap it with my dad's SONY PC100 that is working fine.
You know, it isn't a professional purpose one.....

Land Locked:
Maybe I'll drop by the LDS
and see if they are still there, if so, they should have a healthy discount since
they had already been in stock for a year.

I hope so though.

But, wait & wait! I am sure there are many new KOMI members will looking for the tank. We can post the ad on our KOMI email list...

BTW, When does Joe open?

From thrid trouble maker

OK third TM,
Joe opens in early May, but if the weather stays warm, maybe it will be earlier!
It still seems to be a long time from now!

Sounds like "we" need a DIR scooter. Ooorrrr, a Tim Allen/ Benford model...one with more power. :D I guess I need to send mine back..or did I buy one?

Here is a housing with electronic controls. Basically it is a generic housing but in the long run you will be money ahead. With a manual control unit you gain a few controls but once you flood the unit and change cameras you have to change housings.The arms inside the housing aren't going to line up with another unit unless you can find the same model. So basiclly you are throwing away a couple grand. Also ones with the electronic controls are usually a bit cheaper. We can talk more about this sometime.

Thanks... I got it.

Their MSRP is $1050.... I have to make more money than now....LOL~~~ Let't see how it goes....

Back up a minute! Since you priced one of the the others I will throw this in as well. If you go with one other than what I linked to you will run into the same problem when changing cameras, sooner or later. With Sony changing styles everytime it won't take long before a camera that will fit in it is hard to find. Thus making the housing, again, obsolete.
With the housing that I linked to you can put a HC-1 high def camera in it as well as the PC-100 or 1000. If it has a LANC jack (only Sony now) and you can fit it in the Dolphin Pro, it works. Either way you are looking at at least $1K.

Another issue that I had with the ones that allow you to flip out the cameras monitor is they are off set. The monitor was left of center, the camera lens was right of center. Nothing is directly down the center. So you are holding the camera to your right. Just seemed unnatural. Kinda like the BP/W, jacket BC issues. What works for one doesn't for another.

crpntr133:
Back up a minute! Since you priced one of the the others I will throw this in as well. If you go with one other than what I linked to you will run into the same problem when changing cameras, sooner or later. With Sony changing styles everytime it won't take long before a camera that will fit in it is hard to find. Thus making the housing, again, obsolete.
With the housing that I linked to you can put a HC-1 high def camera in it as well as the PC-100 or 1000. If it has a LANC jack (only Sony now) and you can fit it in the Dolphin Pro, it works. Either way you are looking at at least $1K.

Another issue that I had with the ones that allow you to flip out the cameras monitor is they are off set. The monitor was left of center, the camera lens was right of center. Nothing is directly down the center. So you are holding the camera to your right. Just seemed unnatural. Kinda like the BP/W, jacket BC issues. What works for one doesn't for another.

Good works... Please keep working on it.. I am counting on you about this matter.
But, don't make any troubles...:wink: LOL~~~~

Man, this sport is killing me.....

Canister light
Housing
Scooter
RB
Training
Trip
One more double set

What else...... At least another $20K for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom