Key Dives in islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robertcrockett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just a tiny trip report from the Florida Keys... Just did a few dives with "Key Dives" in Islamorada... Loved their operation... Super nice spacious Newton dive board... Working head and showers on board... Valet service (they load your gear and switch tanks etc..) which I always forget to use as I always just switch tanks the moment I'm out of my BC... They were courteous, knowledgeable and professional.... And safe. Tank fills were generous and nitrox available. We bring our own kit but I always pay attention to the rental gear and it seemed spot on and maintained. No complaints from any of the other divers on board. I would highly recommend them without reservation.
... The reef on the other hand seemed pretty dead. Sparse outcropping of living Coral...a ton of algae... Life was so-so.. The usual parrot fish, lobster, nurse shark, angel fish hogfish etc... But low numbers...I guess it's starting to be the same everywhere. Dead coral, sparse life. Sigh. Hope I'm not leaving a dead ocean to my scuba loving children.... But.. If you dive around Tavernier or Islamorada... Hit up Key Dive... You won't be disappointed in them.

We did our very first ocean dives with them. At that time we had nothing to compare to but even then they seemed first rate. Still wear their tee shirt. :)

Hate to hear about the reefs. I still have very fond memories from diving Alligator reef with Key Dives.

My shop did the Scuba certs for the high school kids in the marine biology program for several years prior to the program ending here in Des Moines. We used Keys Dives each year for the Open Water portion of their training. Key Dives has been and continues to be a well managed, professional, and courteous operation with well maintained equipment. Good folks!

Mark

Just a tiny trip report from the Florida Keys... Just did a few dives with "Key Dives" in Islamorada... Loved their operation... Super nice spacious Newton dive board... Working head and showers on board... Valet service (they load your gear and switch tanks etc..) which I always forget to use as I always just switch tanks the moment I'm out of my BC... They were courteous, knowledgeable and professional.... And safe. Tank fills were generous and nitrox available. We bring our own kit but I always pay attention to the rental gear and it seemed spot on and maintained. No complaints from any of the other divers on board. I would highly recommend them without reservation.
... The reef on the other hand seemed pretty dead. Sparse outcropping of living Coral...a ton of algae... Life was so-so.. The usual parrot fish, lobster, nurse shark, angel fish hogfish etc... But low numbers...I guess it's starting to be the same everywhere. Dead coral, sparse life. Sigh. Hope I'm not leaving a dead ocean to my scuba loving children.... But.. If you dive around Tavernier or Islamorada... Hit up Key Dive... You won't be disappointed in them.
The reef has been hit with Irma and a disease. That being said fish life has been absolutely fabulous and the best I have seen in the 26 plus yrs of diving here.

The reef has been hit with Irma and a disease. That being said fish life has been absolutely fabulous and the best I have seen in the 26 plus yrs of diving here.
That's great to hear! Hope it continues to flourish! I don't need to dive in a fish hatchery.. but I love to see a healthy, diverse population. Somehow it eluded me on this dive trip. Glad to know it's there though.

Will be there Sunday. First dives on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Will be there Sunday. First dives on Monday. Fingers crossed.
You'll enjoy yourself. The weather has been beautiful and when we left the water was almost pond calm. Hope you have a brilliant time!

Here are 3 from this week. Inshore reef mile and
727BE9A1-D069-41EF-95EF-BFE4BFAD6FE3.jpeg
C585F6CE-46E5-434F-9F83-8CF90BBA5742.jpeg
A6CFBE37-D212-4FE7-BF53-8E7EF73E068D.jpeg
half from shore

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom