Key Largo info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go out with Silent World on one of their package deals for multiple trips and rent the gear from them... no worry diving for sure... stay at the Hungry Pelican just down the road for a cheap but decent place... eat at Buzzard's Roost at least once... Fish House at least once... :D

Have Fun!

More great info, thanks. I'm contacting Silent World about a package deal for diving, gear, and lodging. Looks like they can handle the whole thing. The Hungry Pelican looks just fine to me too. I don't need the Ritz.

One question I have is the water temp for mid October. Here in Seattle I dive in a dry suit, but don't expect to need that. I have a freediving 3mm suit that I was thinking of bringing with me. I use it to dive in Hawaii with 80 degree water. Will that be enough?

If anyone will be around and want to dive then, let me know. It'd be great to dive with someone who knows the area. I'm not positive on the exact date I'll be there, but should be right around Oct. 20th.

Thanks again for all the great info.

I was diving Key Largo yesterday and the water temp was 85 degrees. By the middle of October, the water will still be around 80 or 82. I dived on Saturday in a three mil shorty and Sunday in a three mill full suit. Both were really more than I needed. GTXL1200 was with me, and he made all but one dive in a tee shirt and trunks, but he's from Michigan and used to the cold water. Have a good time!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom