Key Largo Operator with Longer than 60 Minute Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I know, all the dive ops in the Keys hold to the customary hour per dive. As was suggested earlier, if you want longer dives, then simply book a whole boat and make sure that they'll let you do a ninety minute dive.

The only dive op in Florida that does 90 minute dives is Jaimie on Aristokat Charters out of Venice Beach. That's looking for fossil teeth dive (megalodon, sharks, mammoth, mastodon, saber tooth tiger, camel, sloth, horse and so on. Not many fish, but it's definitely a great time. When I want a really long dive, I head to Blue Heron bridge or one of the springs (caves). There are no time schedules if there is no captain to keep you on one. :D :D :D

Interesting thread. When I dove with Rainbow Reef 2 years ago they implied the 60min limit was enforced by Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. "Gotta unmoor else they'll hassle us". Whatever.

I'm thinking of heading to Key Largo again this fall with a couple of friends, but my foggy old memory failed when they asked me how long are the boat rides out to most of the reefs. Any help?

Generally around 20-30 minutes, give or take...depends on the boat taking you there and the seas

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom