Key Largo Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neilrice

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning a quick trip at the end of April to Key Largo & would love to hear from anyone who has been there. We have never been there. I'll take all the suggestions I can get about dive sites, boats, hotels & restaurants. Please let me know any of your good or not so good experiences. Neil

I would reccommend the florida keys dive center in islandmorada

We have used "it's a dive" three times stayed at the Marriott hotel, the dive shop is in the middle of the hotel. Great service, nice large boat, great crew and they have easy gear storage on-site (in locker on the roof of the dive shop), as we bring our own.

Key Largo was the first dive location after each of our children was certified, age 13 for our son and then age 11 for our daughter, they loved it.

Just a great overall experience and lots of fun, so easy, role out of bed and dive, just like a live aboard.

Hope this helps......M

PS dove the Spiegel Grove while I was there the last time - wow, awesome dive.

Been there 3 times. Stayed at Amy Slate's Amoray twice and OceanPointe once. The rooms at both were great. Had some issues at Amoray but that was a couple years ago and from what I've been reading on the board they are much improved. They have their own dive operation there. OceanPointe does not. Many good operators on the island. Conch Republic is very good. Dove with Brent and Glen through Clear Water Dives and they were very good also. All the diving is good from the reefs to the wrecks. Molasses reef is a favorite for me - saw a hammerhead there. You almost can't go wrong. You will have a great time!

Try a "Key Largo" search in the Florida Conch forum. You will find a ton of information on Key Largo.

Try a "Key Largo" search in the Florida Conch forum. You will find a ton of information on Key Largo and the Keys.

My favorite dive shops are Silent World in Key Largo and Conch Republic in Tavernier. Restaurants are the Tower of Pizza in Key Largo (not the one in Islamorado) and the Key Largo Conch Cafe in Key Largo.

I visited there in Nov. 08. I had been there before but wanted to up date my understanding of the area. By doing a Google search for "dive boats Key Largo" I found all of the companies there and throughout the Keys. I sent individual e-mails to several and found the perfect place for me. I found low cost housing at hotels.com. Everything worked out great. Suggest you do the same.

john pennecamp state park if you camp
dive boat from there also
great time with all opperators
spiegal grove a must!
have a blast!

I dove in Key Largo about 4 years ago. I enjoyed the diving but was surprised the Dive Masters never got into the water. The water can be a bit choppy. But under it was nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom