Key West Operations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mhedman

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm headed to Key West this summer for a week with the rest of my family so I'm looking for as much feedback as I can get about dive boats in Key West. I've built a little list of places from searching the web but my best luck has always been from readers ratings on scubaboard. I'm looking for a small boat that isn't concerned with how much gas they can save by staying inshore and is more interested in showing off the sites they really love.

Thanks, Mitch

mhedman:
Hi Everyone,

I'm headed to Key West this summer for a week with the rest of my family so I'm looking for as much feedback as I can get about dive boats in Key West. I've built a little list of places from searching the web but my best luck has always been from readers ratings on scubaboard. I'm looking for a small boat that isn't concerned with how much gas they can save by staying inshore and is more interested in showing off the sites they really love.

Thanks, Mitch

we are going around 2/3rd week in august..Staying at the Galleon..I cannot think of any small boat operations available..Try Dive Key West, they go on lobster dives in season and not too many on boat-maybe a high of 12? passengers.. Captains Corner is ok for especially for early evening/night dives,big boat but being a night dive usually not too crowded and their rates are comparitively inexpensive,they are in old town .Formerly used Jim Wyatt upon Cudjoe key mm21 but he sold out and moved north..If I come accross any will let you know..pm me if you find any too..

Check out Subtropic. Ask for Mike. They are AWESOME!!!

Thanks, is there anything you can tell me about the dives you went on with them? How did you come to pick Subtropic? I'm trying to avoid the more shallow diving if possible, it's just not my preference.

Thanks, Mitch

I've enjoyed diving with Southpoint.

If you want a small operator, check out Bonsai Divers with Capt. Pete. He'll take you most anywhere you want to go and will take you out with as few as 2 divers. For larger operators, try SouthPoint Divers.

If you want more specifics, message me...I live here!

My wife and I are heading down key west next week. Anyone let us know water temps this time of year? This time of year, every one diving 3 mil full or shorties? Good recommendations listed above will check out. We're staying in old town (27 - 29th) Would like to do two dives Wed AM 28th

abskw:
If you want a small operator, check out Bonsai Divers with Capt. Pete. He'll take you most anywhere you want to go and will take you out with as few as 2 divers. For larger operators, try SouthPoint Divers.

If you want more specifics, message me...I live here!

I second Bonsai and Pete if you are looking for a personalized small boat operator.

We had a great time diving with him and we were always on-site before the other boats arrived.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom