Kids wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mantaraygirl

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to buy my 13 year old daughter a wet suit (she's 5'4 and 106 lbs). Is there anywhere to get used or cheap wetsuits? ANd if any-one is selling any small ladies gear, please let me know.

thanks

Anita

Hi

I'm looking to buy my 13 year old daughter a wet suit (she's 5'4 and 106 lbs). Is there anywhere to get used or cheap wetsuits? ANd if any-one is selling any small ladies gear, please let me know.

thanks

Anita

okay, a few questions.... is she diving or snorkeling?
What water temp?
Why do you want to get her something cheap? If you are concerned she is going to outgrow it in the next year or two, then get her a "hyperstretch suit" which will fit more than one size. They cost a bit more but have more flexibility.

At 5'4" and 106 lbs, she should be able to fit into a women's adult sized suit, most likely a size 4 or 6 depending on cut of suit. (My daughter is 19 and about the same size, just a few inches taller and she wears a 4 for diving).

Small ladies gear abounds on Ebay, Sunday night is a free for all as is most of the week. Unfortunately it means playing wetsuit roulette.

If your intent is to bring your daughter along as a local diver a good suit with a great fit is essential or you will loose her to warmer pastimes. If all she needs is a glorified rash guard for warm water you can lessen the standards.

Pete

okay, a few questions.... is she diving or snorkeling?
What water temp?
Why do you want to get her something cheap? If you are concerned she is going to outgrow it in the next year or two, then get her a "hyperstretch suit" which will fit more than one size. They cost a bit more but have more flexibility.

At 5'4" and 106 lbs, she should be able to fit into a women's adult sized suit, most likely a size 4 or 6 depending on cut of suit. (My daughter is 19 and about the same size, just a few inches taller and she wears a 4 for diving).
Hi

She's diving - in PV. She's a water baby (swimmer, polo player and snorkeler). i just want to make sure she stays warm (because I get cold easy!!)

Anita

Small ladies gear abounds on Ebay, Sunday night is a free for all as is most of the week. Unfortunately it means playing wetsuit roulette.

If your intent is to bring your daughter along as a local diver a good suit with a great fit is essential or you will loose her to warmer pastimes. If all she needs is a glorified rash guard for warm water you can lessen the standards.

Pete
Thanks

You figure it's OK to go EBay for a wet suit? I'm just worried about fit - and yes, she is gearing to be about 6 foot tall so what-ever I buy won't fit for long (she grew 3 inches since Christmas).

Anita

Hi

thanks

Anita

I might have a wetsuit that would fit her. My kids have gone through a few wetsuits and I've kept them. But the key word here is "might". You'd still have to pay for round trip shipping if the suit did not fit. If you want I can look. But as you know the single most importent thing is "fit".

I would only buy a wetsuit over the Internet if you KNEW that the make, model and size was an exact fit. I know my sizein both Bare and Body Glove s I have no trouble ordering on-line.

If you are trying to save money go to the local shops and see when they will have some rental suits for sale. Most places around here keep their rentals for at most two years then turn them around

One other idea is "scuba-L" (aka "triple l"). They make custom wetsuits in Vietnam for cheap. Quality is fair to good. price is very good. see scubal.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom