Killer deal on the E-PM1 with Olympus housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the camera is in U/W mode you have two choices W/A or macro, what this does is power zooms the lens between the 12mm end and the 50mm end of the lens, NOT into the macro setting which is a two step manual move. So the lens is set only at 12mm or at 50mm with NOTHING in between. This is the least expensive choice, next is a gear that will zoom between 12 and 50mm but not macro and the Nauticam choice which zooms the full range and can be set to macro.

Regarding older housings, some work and some do not.

Regarding the 45 macro, since is is a shorter lens than the 12-50 it will sit further back in the flat port. This means that some of the focusing distance is inside the housing putting your subject at very close focus much closer to the port glass. That is why if you look at the Zen port for the 45 macro is is shorter than the 12-50 port by at least 20mm. This may not seem like much but it can be. It you have the stock port without the four port lights the Olympus 60 macro will work well in the port because the lens is very close to the port glass. With Nauticam you can use the 45 port or the 45 port with 20mm extension for the 60macro.

Phil Rudin

A zoom gear is made for the 12-50 lens which allows it to zoom through the entire range in the Olympus housing.

So which zoom gear works? I have just done a lot of searching and cannot find even one reference for a zoom gear made for this lens in an Olympus housing. The PPZR-EP01 and -EP02 seem physically to have no chance, as the lenses they are made for are so physically different. The PPZR-EP03 is for the 60mm macro, which is rather similar physically to the 12-50mm. I can see that possibly working, but again I find no references to it. I don't find any other zoom gears for the m4/3 system (Download Manuals : PEN series - OLYMPUS Digital Camera). Thanks.

Does any one know where I can get a deal on e-pm1 with pt-ep06L housing? Was only able to find it on the one without lights
thanks in advance:))

Does any one know where I can get a deal on e-pm1 with pt-ep06L housing? Was only able to find it on the one without lights
thanks in advance:))

Based on my research prior to purchase I could not find a similar package with the upgraded housing. I dove with a guy about 9 month
s ago who had the upgraded housing and did not recommend spending the extra money because he did not think it made a difference. Of course he had 2 strobes.

I just got my package in the mail Friday. I have been shooting an s100 with strobe and video light and I am looking forward to the upgrade.

Everyone - thanks for your E-PM1 bundle orders. I've used the E-PM1 quite a few times, so please feel free to email me with any questions whether you purchased from us or not. Btw, Kelli wrote a great article on how to set up your E-PM1 for underwater use. - Scott

Thanks for the link to the article Scott. Some great info there and I'm finding lots more on the forum here. I upgraded my compact camera set up to the E-PM1 package from Blue Water a couple of months ago and added a YS-01 strobe. I'm only just starting to find my way around the camera and get used to shooting with a strobe but I am more than happy with the results so far. I am very much a beginner with underwater photography and keen to learn more, but I would have no hesitation in recommending the E-PM1 bundle to anyone who is considering taking the next step up from a digital compact.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom