Killington - Jan 4th & 5th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird once bubbled...
Looks like fun! How did you place???

You would have to ask! Bad bad bad bad bad. 36 of 85; second to last in my age class [since one guy didn't finish]. Count in the women and it's 39th out of 99.

However, I did fall on my second run, slid down on my hip on the last flat section. Made the gate and got up and kept going, but I lost at least a couple of seconds if not more on that run [The second course seemed to be about 5 seconds faster, and I was only 1 second faster].

We won't talk about the GS on sunday. I was dead dead dead tired and didn't have the energy to handle the whole course. About 3/4 of the way down [where skylark turns to black diamond] was about the point my legs were done and I finished the course skiing the soft ruts..

I didn't stick around for the results of that one... I'll have to wait until they get released on the web.

Needless to say, I'm scaling back to one race a weekend until I get my ski-strength back....

Spectre once bubbled...
It's early in the season, and so I really suck, and it's been 14 years since my last "real" slalom race....but in case anyone cares...:

Another Bad Picture of Spectre

You're not supposed to post the bad pictures, Spectre.

I still can't figure out who you are still standing up in this picture... or made the next gate.

I'll leave the ball busting for later... but I think you should title this one: "When good skiers go bad"

m

mer once bubbled...
or made the next gate.

That would be the benefits of ski lengths in the 160 range :)

In the background you'll see the poma lift. I had seen the photographer on my way up, and I knew _exactly_ where he was.

Remember what I told you about head-to-head strategies, where it's important to know the racers that can get distracted and screw up.... yea... there is a reason I know that strategy!

you gonna make the trip to Haystack/Mt. Snow this weekend??

I am trying to reclaim my soul from place of employment... so I'm playing with my schedule and have managed to get Fridays and Saturdays off... but through the end of January I have to work every Saturday night (and most Fridays too).

So, the bottom line is, maybe next month, I'll be able to pop up for a Saturday some weekend. So keep me in mind... I look forward to skiing with you all.

m

Obviously Mer's priorities are skewed... Skiing always wins over a silly JOB... :wink:

See ya on the slopes Spectre!!!

Spectre once bubbled...

Next time you sell your soul... make sure to hold out for a better offer! :)

Yeah... I told Spectre how much I make... (ah I can almost count it on my fingers and toes!)
I guess my soul is bought cheaply.

But I'm working on it... working on it.

At least my schedule is flexible enought that I'll be able to get some sweet diving in this summer.

Obviously Mer's priorities are skewed... Skiing always wins over a silly JOB... :wink:

Bad Mer!!

I'm serious about a Saturday in February though... keep my in the loop. (and tell me all the details from this weekend)

And if anyone wants to come with on a Jeep Appreciation Day on a Friday and get some free skiing courtesy of my car, let me know. Always looking for "fast decent" buddies!

m

PS - Yay, I'm a "full" member now!

Back
Top Bottom