King Horn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagirl15

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that some numb nut dropped an anchor on King Horn. Can anyone confirm? Please say it ain't so!!!

Ahh the yearly drop of the anchor on the Kinghorn, can't confirm it but sounds like the usual crap the operators down river pull every year, mostly due to impatience.
I wish most of you could have seen the Kinghorn the year they found it. Stoves on top, intact decks etc.

Wont be long before it becomes another Gaskin

Tom R:
Ahh the yearly drop of the anchor on the Kinghorn, can't confirm it but sounds like the usual crap the operators down river pull every year, mostly due to impatience.
I wish most of you could have seen the Kinghorn the year they found it. Stoves on top, intact decks etc.

Wont be long before it becomes another Gaskin

Isn't the mooring line still there?? :11:

Tom, do you have any pics of what the Kinghorn used to look like? Would be good to compare to the shape she's in today.

Marvintpa:
Tom, do you have any pics of what the Kinghorn used to look like? Would be good to compare to the shape she's in today.

I didn't get on the Kinghorn til Oct of 2003 so any pics before that I would love to see. I also heard that the anchor used to be there but got stolen.

Marvintpa:

I actually have the survey footage, it's actually the wreck I used on diver impact on wrecks. I show the Kinghorn first time around then I show the footage we shot under the ice 2 winters ago.

I will dig the footage and rips some pics

Marvintpa:

I actually have the survey footage, it's actually the wreck I used on diver impact on wrecks. I show the Kinghorn first time around then I show the footage we shot under the ice 2 winters ago.

Here is some pics from www.saveontarioshipwrecks.on.ca taken by Tim Legate a week after she was found.

Tom R:

Here is some pics from www.saveontarioshipwrecks.on.ca taken by Tim Legate a week after she was found.

Here are pics from a couple years later, this is not only diver impact mater of fact commercial diver operations are responsible for throwing the large anchors into the wreck, their own bread and butter.

I would -love- to see photos of the Gaskin pre-anchor damage. there is only a tiny section of deck left at the stern.
These poor wrecks.
at least the Kinghron is somewhat reinforced with steel structure, the Gaskin, we'll she's all wood and it don't stand a chance
Dive'em while they're still there

Tom R:

Dove it first in July 1996, back then the deck was whole, the pump straight and the stove was on the top deck. You'd go inside, and didn't get any help from the outside light, a torch was absolutely necessary.

We were back there last month.... Captain Ron McDonald, the man who discovered it, refused to dive it that day, he wants to remember what the wreck used to look like then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom