King Horn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I dove King Horn yesterday. Not the same wreck I dove on a few weeks ago.

I spoke to my charter captain and yep, sure enough, some numb skull did drop his anchor on King Horn recently. Seems he has a habit of doing that. His excuse was he couldn't find the little mooring jug.

Sad...

scubagirl15:
I spoke to my charter captain and yep, sure enough, some numb skull did drop his anchor on King Horn recently. Seems he has a habit of doing that. His excuse was he couldn't find the little mooring jug.
If they know who did it... why aren't they making his name public?... he deserves to have people know what he did.

Tom R:
No one is naming him cause $25 charters would be in jeopardy, so it comes down to money for them. There is no excuse on 90% of the wrecks in the River as they have 2 moorings on them.
If $25 charters are going to cost us our shipwrecks... I'll go without, thanks.
And you are right, there is no excuse, with or without moorings.

PatH:
If $25 charters are going to cost us our shipwrecks... I'll go without, thanks.
And you are right, there is no excuse, with or without moorings.

You, me and as someone on the board once said "your 2 friends" will do so. Unfortunately the majority of them wont. Sad thing is pretty soon you're going to have another muskie on your hands, I was on the Gaskin recently and there's not much difference between her and the Kinghorn now.

I remember diving the Kinghorn right after she was found dive 24 out of 1203 dives now, sadly I get to say the same thing the old guard says around Kingston, I remember when the dishes, stove, anchors, were on the deck, heck I remember a deck being there.

Since nobody wants to name the one responsible maybe you can give me the name of someone running $25 charters so I can read between the lines.

Since I got the information second hand and wasn't there to witness it, I didn't bother asking my captain for the name of the person he said was responsible. It wouldn't be responsible of me to be attributing an act to someone when I wasn't there to witness it; I'd only be passing on hearsay.

Now if I had witnessed it, I'd be blabbing to the world, believe me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom