King's Beach diving in Newport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not deep at all but a nice site to bring a new diver to get them confident in their skills. If you live in the area it would be a nice after work dive.
PTN

I did some of my AOW dives there a few years ago. Parking is good, entry very easy and close to water, viz was good, easy to navigate and it's pretty shallow. I'd rate it a beginner dive or a good dive after some time off or trying out new gear. I've dove there at night and there were lots of lobsters running around.

LobstaMan

How many places in Newport can you say that about? :D

And yes, it is a pretty easy/shallow site. Plenty of life around the rocks.

Not too many places. Even that lot will fill up on Saturday/Sunday in the summer between the divers, fishermen, beachcombers and assorted tourists.

LobstaMan

Entry is actually an old boat ramp ...be careful when you step it's very uneven. It's a nice place for a night dive early in the year.

Kings beach we use for our open water dives it is a very easy and pleasurable dive, fish start to swarm there around memorial day weekend. But right now the squid have been coming and and have been spotted there so the fish may be in sooner this year.

Just got reports today that black fish are in and allot of them big and small, I will not have a chance to check it out for a few days, but the people whop reported it were very excited as they said there were a S*** load of them. This will lead to the Striped Bass coming in also next as the squid are running good now also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom