Knight hawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i had one as my first bc and loved it, but i ended up going to a bp/w so i could dive doubles now the knighthawk collects dust

For the money, there are other (and in my opinion, better) options.

I actually went to my LDS to buy one. I came home with a Zeagle Ranger LTD. I'm big and I liked the fit better. Also I believe the Ranger is made of slightly heavier duty materials.

It a great BC for recreational diving, I also like the look of the LiteHawk (clearer and more streamline)

What do you think of the Scubapro Knight Hawk BC

I've said this before: If you're looking at the Knighthawk make sure you try it on w. a tank. I've owned 3 different sizes of this BC and no matter what size it was, while on the surface the weight of a tank caused it to slip down backwards and therefore caused the weight pockets to shift upwards. I can't imagine this happens to everyone (but at the same time I can't imagine I'm the only one) so again I'd just recommend you try it on w. a tank. Otherwise, it's a solid BC, IMO.

i had one as my first bc and loved it, but i ended up going to a bp/w so i could dive doubles now the knighthawk collects dust

That's my situation, too. I rarely use it these days for that reason, but I still think it works just fine. If you are looking for a used one (size large)....

Last edited:
I Have the lite hawk and love it, my son in law has the knight hawk and loves it. He likes a traditional BC I lean toward the BPW and the lite hawk has a similar fit and feel as my BPW If you like the feel you will like the BCD so make sure you try it on and wear it a bit with the tank in place

Love my KnightHawk. I have use it for four years and no complaints. My son-in-law got certified two years ago and he went with the KnightHawk and loves it. I prefer the back inflate to the jacket style.

Without going into details, I am in a position to dive anything I want. Right now I have about 60 bouyancy control models from ten or twelve manufacturers in my size at my disposal. For recreational diving, it's my first choice and has been for eight years. And, no, I don't work for Scubapro :) That being said, if it is not comfortable, don't buy it.

Back
Top Bottom