Know How They Feel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chucksaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Had to watch with special kinship last night as the talking heads made fun of the astronauts losing the tool bag in space... You just knew she wanted to go after that reel, fin, mask, knife... oh I mean tool bag just by the way she reached...Seen and felt that feeling wayyyy too much...

Wonder how much grief she gets from his buddies back on the ship...

I can see the post on the Astronaut Message Board... Lost tool bag, if found call... Reward... Wait this may be a job for K-Valve and Timeliner...

Last edited:
She...... It was one of our fine female astronauts.

That sinking feeling. Not too un-like that feeling you get when you see the flashing red and blue lights behind you. Ya know you screwed up. Except this is on the World stage.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I watched that on TV today, and all I could think was...."oh, oh, oh, no, not the tool bag..." and as she reached out for it you could just hear her in your head....going , "oh S**T.....!"

What can I say? All good comments. All.

I thought the same thing when I saw this, reminded me of my mask I lost a few weeks back. I was just reaching and reaching for it, until it was gone from sight.

Yup, don't you know it's going to be hard for that astronaut to live that one down? I feel for her, for sure.

Now, the bag is just another blip on the screen for the tracking station I live near. (The NORAD Navy Space Surveilance Station is about seven miles from my doorstep.)

But I like Mack's idea...hey, if divers can find that lost scooter (SB general discussion forum, "They found it" thread), then maybe there's hope for the tool bag. I just hope the ISS isn't the one to "find" this errant item (Crash! Crunch! tinkle...."Man, that's gonna leave a mark.").

Great! Now we've got a $150 K tool bag floating around in space and its gonna cost us $10K a year to track it. Maybe they can snag it with the robotic arm on their next pass! That I would like to see

That would be just like our Govt. to spend 50 million to track and retrieve tools worth approx. 100K. It is probably the same tools I have that I bought for under $150

As professional as the astronaut corp. is; I can still see them giving her no end of heat over that.
Imagine what her new call sign might be? Oh that could be fun!

As for the space debris- great 17k mile a hour crescent wrench- that is bigger than a micro trash. Sounds like the Air Force needs a clean up service.
Heck, I will sign up for that! Finally, get a proper drysuit... opps slip of the tongue.

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom