Ko Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had experience with the largest and one of the smaller dive companies on the island. Budha V. where I did my IDC seems very good for doing courses but I wouldn't fun dive there, when the weather and vis are good, they're idea of a fun dive in the afternoon involves the wide selection of Japanese Gardens, White Rock or Twins. I personally avoid they're restaurant in the evenings as it's pretty boring after a couple of nites, a good alternative is ku de Ta up the road which is cheaper for drinks (the Buddha Instructors wont tell you that though!).
Asia Divers in Mae Hadd have been really good with fun dives, they'll always put the dive sites for the next day on the board but the downside is that they do share Buddha View's boat in the afternoons as they're owned by the same family. They do however also run courses at much lower ratios so students get more 1 to 1 attention, they're probably my fav dive centre on the island.

**random note** it's not Sebastian that you need to worry about but the much larger triggerfish on Shark Island. Several attacks and counting!

Is it possible to do some ok diving from the beach?
Just rent tanks and led from a nearby shop and jump into the water.

How much for a fan bungalow?

Regards
JJ

j-flex once bubbled...
Is it possible to do some ok diving from the beach?
Just rent tanks and led from a nearby shop and jump into the water.

How much for a fan bungalow?

Regards
JJ

As far as beach dives go, Sairee Beach is probably just a waste of time as there are just rocks and a few fish here and there.
Some friends did some snorkelling around Rocky Beach (I think that's the name) but I have never seen anyone really did any beach dive there.
Accomodation ranges from a few hundreds bahts to a couple of thousands bahts depending on what you want.

Always negotiate in Thailand.
You can get some deals, but only if you ask.

After they tell you the first price, say
"PANG"
as it means "expensive".

Hello there
Ive been living here on koh tao the rock for 5 years now,
working both as an instructor and currently as a dive medic,

A . which school ? The school is not as important as the instructor you get .The bigger schools can be factory like for sure.

B. Safety Safety. out of 32 dive schools 20 now support the local chamber, course prices here are between 90us and 160us some with free room some without. at this price most cannot possibly provide full insurance as well.

C. Get here first and ignore the touts they will offer the earth ,
accomidation is plentiful for divers and non divers, shop around and go with the one that feels right.

D.June/ July is fine weather and currently as of yesterday when diving great vis at 30mtrs.

avoid the period after full moon unless you like to paaarrtttyyy,the resorts /dive boats and dive sites can be busy.after 5days it generally chills out till the next full moon.

Say hello if you come over we are next door to cafe del sol at sss recompression station

enjoy

Got a website?

Back
Top Bottom