Koh Chang local looking for local buddies for local dives (locals only :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DRD4

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I`m ordinary guy, living and working here on Koh Chang. I believe in diving as my free time activity and great "wash out" from my work. I`d like to set (or join) a group of people with similar life style and believe here on Koh Chang.

I have great respect for all dive professionals represented throughout many dive clubs around the island. I just want to spend as much of my money on my own gear upgrades and further training towards Tech diving. I want to experience the logistics, planning, responsibility and the freedom of diving on my own - not to be "baby-sited" or paired with "insta-buddies" on Dive boats.

Therefore, if you are:

- living here (or very nearby)

- share the keen interest in diving, as I do

- have your own gear

- want to share the "logistic troubles" of diving outside of the local dive businesses

- want to dive for share cost (as I do this for my experience, not profit)

then, please contact me.

I`m willing to provide car and later a boat - as soon as I will get my RYA license transferred to Thai system.

I`d like to ask local dive seniors for advice or constructive criticism on my plan.

Cheers

do you mean more localized here on Scubaboard? Or you mean Thai visa?

Anywhere that is being read by people living on Koh Chang I mean.

Take into account that you may be seen as organising divetours, for which there are conditions to be met (license, insurance etc.).

thanks for input.

While living in Bankgok, I was diving together with few guys in Pataya on weekends - so called "private club". There was no issue. I hope to make it clear for surrounding locals, that I dont do dive tours simply by spreading words and going out light and with same people. That way, I hope to protect the boat from "accidental sinking" in local harbour.

... I know such stories from Chalong :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom