Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

islaguy

New
Reaction score
Great to have discovered this board, a wealth of information.

I will be on Koh Tao for about a week in mid February. Any recommendations for lodging/diving possibilities? Doesn't have to be expensive. I would prefer something quiet and reasonable if at all possible.

Many thanks.

islaguy:
Great to have discovered this board, a wealth of information.

I will be on Koh Tao for about a week in mid February. Any recommendations for lodging/diving possibilities? Doesn't have to be expensive. I would prefer something quiet and reasonable if at all possible.

Many thanks.

Not sure how the weather is in February. Most people are on the west during the winter. I'm sure "quiet" exists somewhere on Koh Tao, but it certainly isn't a "quiet" island. Someone may come along who knows more than me. :wink: Have fun.

Was there in February four years ago. Diving was fun (my first in Thailand). Plenty of operators. I went with Planet SCUBA, but their equipment was pretty ratty. The people were good though.

Most of the dive operators had accommodations they rented to divers who went with them.

Dr. Bill

Koh Tao's a fun place - well depends on what you'd call fun.

The island's full of dive operations of all kinds ranging from massive to small.

I would recommend you don't go with a cattleboat resort - or young backpackers on a drinking rampage.

Have a look at Aquademiadive.com They're a smaller place and what's nice is they have a not-so-early start in the morning and their groups are kept small. They can also help out with accommodation if you need it.

Have fun

Hello,
I just got back from Ko Tao. I went diving with Aquademia. My experience diving with them was great. I had my own dive master everyday. We used Planet Scuba's boat the Sea Farer, I would agree that Planet Scuba has ratty equipment. I brought everything except for a BCD. The equipment they had was good. Mira is the girl who runs the place, really nice. If you decide to use them, tell them Marcos, says HI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom