Kona Charters for long range trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Aloha everyone :)

I'm looking for advice on which boat op to use to do a long-range charter or two. I really want to see some of the southern Kona sites like Au Au Crater. Mostly I'm excited about seeing some of the less common residents of Kona's water like Tinkers, Bandits, Masked Angels, Harlequin shrimp, Hammerheads, etc. Also, I have dove many of the short-range sites and would like to see something different this trip.

Anyone have any recommendations? There are only three of us, so would we have to get some more people together to make it happen? We're looking for a fast, small boat with great, knowledgable guides and a laid-back pace. I know that darn near every boat op in Kona is great, but does anyone have any recommendations for this specific goal?

Gregg

I agree with ronrosa 100%. It may take Mike a little time to return your call, but he and Earl are worth the wait. You can also check with Pacific Rim Divers. There are dive guides and there are good dive guides and then somewhere way above the rest you will find Patrice (Pacific Rim Divers). Dive Makai has a slower boat and is a roomier 10 pax for south trips. Times have changed around the Dive Makai barnyard so ask to dive with Todd. The fastest boat in town belongs to Big Island Divers. (Hey, that's where I work).

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
I really want to see some of the southern Kona sites like Au Au Crater.

We've seen almost everything on your list with Dive Tek Hawaii at the normal sites, with the help of their great guides.

We are going South with Dive Tek the beginning of next week. It's weather dependant, but great boat, lots of room, great staff and always very personal attention. Slow pace... if there is something worth stopping to see, they stop to see it.

www.divetekhawaii.com
keith@divetekhawaii.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom